What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got a call to congratulate me on a successful drawing and the bottle that I was drawn for was a Stagg jr for $65. I promptly passed:)

Lol. $45 here, and I don't even need to get 'drawn' to buy one. Craziness I tell ya.

Sent from my KF using Tapatalk 2

hehe...yeah. another store nearby had them on the shelf for $50.

Nearby as in across the street?

heh...not across the street but a short 5min drive away. there is a store across the street tho. i think you know which store this is:)

I got a call to congratulate me on a successful drawing and the bottle that I was drawn for was a Stagg jr for $65. I promptly passed:)

Congratulations, good decision!

Congratulations, good decision!

Heheh. I just can't win these drawings and have never won anything from a drawing of any sort.

Of all the ORVWs, Pappys, and BTACs I got drawn for a Stagg jr. They said they actually received a good amount of allocation this year.

Passed on AE Cask Strength and PHC. I think they are pumping out tons and tons of bottles of PHC taking advantage of the bourbon hype with $100 10yo whiskey. It's the "limited" edition that never ends.

Passed on AE Cask Strength and PHC. I think they are pumping out tons and tons of bottles of PHC taking advantage of the bourbon hype with $100 10yo whiskey. It's the "limited" edition that never ends.

I've seen it reappear on one shelf out here, which I thought was strange... I do like it, though.

Not a typo either but one of my dealers has 4RSB @ $79.99 and 4RSmb @ $99.99 and I'm guessing because he didn't get any of the LE's.

$100 on the PHC is excessive mark-up at your retailer or Distributor. IMO, this is extremely good whiskey that goes beyond an age statement, good cause, and limited availability.

Jefferson 21 Rye for 125 and Jefferson 25 Bourbon for 150

The Jeff 21 rye at $125 is probably the low end of the scale I have seen. That said it is mystery whiskey at relatively low proof and it is hard to justify that much without at least a chance to try it first. That said I took a chance on a bottle and liked it. Would be interesting to compare it to some of the other older ryes. Now I just have to get some! But they will likely cost as much or more unless you happen to stumble on one still going for the original retail price.

Left a stack of Stagg Jr on the shelf for $52. Also walked right past a Pappy raffle without even putting my name in it.

Here's a joke:

A man walks in to a liquor store and sees THH for $400 and Stagg for $330.

That was as easy a 'pass' as I've ever made.

Here's a joke:

A man walks in to a liquor store and sees THH for $400 and Stagg for $330.

That was as easy a 'pass' as I've ever made.

The liquor store owner says, "You'd pass on Stagg when it's $70 cheaper than Handy?! You're nuts!"

Edited by Alphanumeric

The liquor store owner says, "You'd pass on Stagg when it's $70 cheaper than Handy?! You're nuts!"

I'd tell him not only will I be passing on that, but I'll be passing by your store from now on on my way to a respectable liquor store....

pedapu2u.jpg

Passed on one ... but not the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

look at the fill level. It lost the age statement and about 1oz of bourbon......classy

Passed on JPS 21 year Rye at $139

Same as above, although mine was $129.

Also passed on a High West 36th Vote. Had that one in my hands for awhile before putting it back on the shelf. I'm not much of a Manhattan/cocktail guy, but I've read good things about that one and almost pulled the trigger. Thoughts? Worth $40ish?

Passed on Michter 20 ($400) and whatever they're calling their new "special" sour mash ($4000!!!)

I swear, some people have more money than sense.

Passed this afternoon on another JPS Rye 21 yr for $5 cheaper at another location. Also passed on two THH. Anyone know what year the 66.2% bottles are?

Left a stack of Stagg Jr on the shelf for $52. Also walked right past a Pappy raffle without even putting my name in it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!