What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed a proud PVW 23 for 999.99 and PVW15 for 500.00. I can't recall who said this, "Someone will pay it, someone always does." It won't be this someone.

Passed a proud PVW 23 for 999.99 and PVW15 for 500.00. I can't recall who said this, "Someone will pay it, someone always does." It won't be this someone.

You better go back and get them...

'Cause if not, Squire is gonna come along and snatch 'em up! :P

You better go back and get them...

'Cause if not, Squire is gonna come along and snatch 'em up! :P

I feel confident Squire is calculating how many times VOB goes into PVW 23. If you're rounding, eleventy billion sounds about right.

Hmmmm ... an honest mistake, or a retailer hoping some confused poser chasing the BTAC will buy three thinking they just got the deal of the century?

I've seen a few places charging this (or close to it) for baby Saz. I think it's a result of the recent shortages?

Baby Saz for $89.99. That is not a typo.

Not a typo either but one of my dealers has 4RSB @ $79.99 and 4RSmb @ $99.99 and I'm guessing because he didn't get any of the LE's.

Not a typo either but one of my dealers has 4RSB @ $79.99 and 4RSmb @ $99.99 and I'm guessing because he didn't get any of the LE's.

My guess is that at these prices, these bottles will become dusties.

I've seen a few places charging this (or close to it) for baby Saz. I think it's a result of the recent shortages?

As I type I have a Baby Saz in a boot in the back of my truck I picked up for $27. Maybe I should find another to put in the other boot.

Passed up the WR Single Malt offerings at $93 each. Good lord. I expect to see these sitting on the shelf with the rye offerings.

Passed on some HW Campfire, XO-1 batch (not that it isn't nice whiskey, but haven't put enough of a dent in the one I have yet).

WR single Malt

I saw this today also for $109.00 each sitting next to the rye addition for $99.00. I'm sure they will be sitting there for a while.

2 Jeff ryes from batch 6 with the non chill filtered sticker.. Might go back and get them at some point but I was not intrigued enough to spend $40 each on them

Dickel Barrel Select 14 yo at $69.99

But you bought a 9/103, right? I made the same choice...and am glad I did, as I just don't much care for the 9/103, and I imagine the 14 would have that same aftertaste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you bought a 9/103, right? I made the same choice...and am glad I did, as I just don't much care for the 9/103, and I imagine the 14 would have that same aftertaste.

Yes, I did but mainly out of concern that it might be a bit woody for my taste (rather than price) - so I opted for the 9 yr since I did see some positive reviews here. I might go for the 14 at some point, but it is one of those "wait to taste" or, like the 9, if I see some of the experienced palates here going for it, I'll go back for it. I love Dickel no. 12, but the standard Dickel Barrel Select I liked but didn't think it was worth the premium over the no. 12.

called a local store that I have only been in once, walked out a few months back when I saw a THH for $159.99. When I called they said they have multiple of each bottle of PVW but the owner has not decided the price he wants to sell them for. I then asked if they had received any 4 roses 125ths, and he told me they got 6 bottles in and were selling for $89.99..... I got a huge smile on my face then he said they sold out a few days ago..... I almost started crying.

Also passed on a PVW23 for $950.00

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!