What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed on two bottles of Michter's Celebration $3,800 each and a Hirsch Humidor at $1,300. There was a fair amount of dust on that Humidor. :)

PHC POH x 2 @ 99.99. I'm getting more and more tempted to grab these. Another friend told me it's "really good". But seems pretty pricey for a 10yr old bourbon...for a good cause.

But you bought a Dickel 9/103, right? I made the same choice...and am glad I did, as I just don't much care for the 9/103, and I imagine the 14 would have that same aftertaste.

I think the aftertaste was the best part of the 9/103.

on a side note though, I have enjoyed it so much that I've been enjoying small sips of it here and there to prolong it. I have noticed though that air time is not helping it. As the fill level is dwindling, the wonderful aftertaste seems to be falling apart to me. My next bottle of it I will immediately parcel into empty 200ml bottles to prevent this. enjoy!

I passed on the latest Parker's release this past weekend at 89.99. After trying it, I didn't find it to be worth $90 to me. I get the cause and I'm glad I could be helpful for it through another project, so I left this on the shelf.

Passed on these three. Had to go to my car to get my phone to take a picture. ORVW & Lot B @ $529 and PVW 15 @ $899. These are record prices for me. I asked if he accidentally put too many zeros on the price. He said no that it was correct. a7epe3a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good pass.

He probably doesn't know to not lay it on the side as well but at that price it's not going to be there for long, maybe . . .

Then again they might be - another reason (if anyone needed one) not to buy secondary market bottles. There is no concept of provenance ... caveat emptor.

I wish I were making this up......

PVW 23 - $1999.00

ORVW 10 - $499.99

I did not ask on the other ones, but he got multiples of each. His quote to me was "the internet prices are between two and three thousand though, this price is a deal". He then told me he had sold a 23 at that price yesterday.

Im mad I passed on that PVW23 at $199.99 two years ago and at $239.99 last year.

So should we tell him or let him find out when the bottles leak all over the display case.

Don't think they'll leak, should just taint the juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passed on most of the usual suspects today . . . some PHC, EC21, LS&B Rye, Whistle Pig BH, . . . all at reasonable prices, but just wasn't feeling it today.

One that I thought about long and hard though, ran into a handle of OC12 Classic 90. Had a little dust on it, that's for sure, but I didn't pull the trigger on it. It was in the $38 range. Maybe I'll gran it after the New Year, I suspect it will probably still be there.

Passed on most of the usual suspects today . . . some PHC, EC21, LS&B Rye, Whistle Pig BH, . . . all at reasonable prices, but just wasn't feeling it today.

One that I thought about long and hard though, ran into a handle of OC12 Classic 90. Had a little dust on it, that's for sure, but I didn't pull the trigger on it. It was in the $38 range. Maybe I'll gran it after the New Year, I suspect it will probably still be there.

I'd get that OC12. Should be good & tasty if nothing else.

If I saw that, it would be in my house and open at this time. :)

Passed up the WR Single Malt offerings at $93 each. Good lord. I expect to see these sitting on the shelf with the rye offerings.

$110 in my neck of the woods. The Four Wood sold here pretty quickly last year, so I think these will fly as well. Woodford is a pretty big name here for some reason.

I got a call to congratulate me on a successful drawing and the bottle that I was drawn for was a Stagg jr for $65. I promptly passed:)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!