What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Really couldn't tell you. Looked around a bit, asked about the VW and got told they couldn't (wouldn't) sell them outright and that there was a "lottery" for people who purchased other bottles. Truth be told, I'm in that area 4-6 times a year, but even so, I have no interest in playing those kinds of games. There were 6-8 bottles of each with a price tag on them, and I would have been happy to purchase then and there. No need for the song and dance.

Really couldn't tell you. Looked around a bit, asked about the VW and got told they couldn't (wouldn't) sell them outright and that there was a "lottery" for people who purchased other bottles. Truth be told, I'm in that area 4-6 times a year, but even so, I have no interest in playing those kinds of games. There were 6-8 bottles of each with a price tag on them, and I would have been happy to purchase then and there. No need for the song and dance.

Tons of locals have heard this story and asked that exact question. I suppose Liquor City has a reputation?

Only recently. I think most of us had the exact same thing happen to us that you did in regards to these bottles. And they still have good stuff on the shelf that is for sale. But not that long ago that you could walk in and actually get some VW right off the shelf. At least the prices on these bottles were reasonable for whoever wins the right but yeah, just keep em in back for crying out loud.

I actually kinda like the idea, but I've heard a few ppl who said "I'll take them all" only for them to say "you'll take none."

I picture the store owner wearing a kings crown and holding a scepter when he says that. "nonnnnne i said!!!!"

I picture the store owner wearing a kings crown and holding a scepter when he says that. "nonnnnne i said!!!!"

post-5040-14489820149293_thumb.jpg

The message i have entered is too short. I have lengthened my message to at least 16 characters.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!