What rye are you drinking Fall 2013/Winter 2014

michaelturtle1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

First time trying WFE 4 year tonight and really liking it. Really thick mouthfeel and building flavors as it passes through my mouth and in to my throat. Hard to describe. I like it. Not as in your face (or my face, anyway) as something like Ritt BiB but I'm really enjoying it. Would definitely buy it (this was just a two ounce sample from a buddy) over Baby Saz. Not sure which I'd choose between this and Ritt BiB.

The last pour of my Willett 4 yr, with a tiny bit of some Willett 25 yr for good measure. Wow - a little of that goes a long way, great mingle!

Some HW Double Rye as the bottle prepares to meet its fate. The first half of this bottle - I wasn't so sure about. The second half has bee quite nice.

For fRYEday, I thought I would try my own Forgiven-style blend with a 60-40 WT101, WTR101 vatting. It's good, but I think I like the components better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Cracked a CEHT tonight. Hits on all cylinders....no warm up/air time needed. Probably will require a lot of study, but I'm up for it!

I've had two healthy visits with Iron Fist. First visit, I thought it was the best whiskey I've ever had. Second visit was even more enjoyable.

With pic for fun...

CBWFFoI.jpg

Well then. That is fine collection of Grail ryes! And an Old Rip 15/107 for good measure. It's obviously tough duty, but if you need a research assistant I will volunteer.

With pic for fun...

CBWFFoI.jpg

Upon further review is that Rathskeller a bourbon? Says so on the label and "Speakeasy Select". Never knew such a thing existed. KBD sourced also?

Well hello. Didn't know this thread existed. Anyways... 2013 VWFRR

Welcome Bings! We've been waiting for you to crash this party!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!