What Beer Are You Drinking? Fall '13

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Founder's Breakfast Stout during the first half of the Lions vs. Ravens game tonight. Bourbon County Brand Stout (14.9% abv) during the second half. Doggone Lions can never make anything easy.

Three Floyds Robert The Bruce Scottish Ale last night. Really wonderful stuff, particularly on a blustery winter night when you need a warmer before a nice glass of whisky.

Josh, have you tried the GL Edmund Fitzgerald? To use your words, it's not transcendent either, but still a great beer! It's one I usually keep available in my house.

Absolutely. We don't get any "exotic" craft stuff in WV, the big two are Great Lakes and Flying Dog. The Fitz porter is one of the richest and most satisfying beers on the shelves here.

Some Bell's Special Double Cream Stout last night, very dark and rich. Just a nice, cold winter night beer

FW Velvet Merlin. It's not bad, if a bit thin.

Agreed. Have you had the Velvet Merkin (Velvet Merlin aged in bourbon barrels)? It's outstanding! The richest beer < 10% abv I've ever had.

Sadly no. Don't get FW stuff here. Found this in Chi last time along w a few others, but no Merkin.

Sadly no. Don't get FW stuff here. Found this in Chi last time along w a few others, but no Merkin.

Gotta say, if one knows what a merkin is, that it tends to strike one as an odd name...

Had a New Holland Incorrigible today. Wasn't really a fan but I managed to push through and finished it off.

Rewarding myself with some Zombie Dust after a crazy week. Looking forward to some time off now until Jan 2. Drink up folks. Cheers!

My first taste of Brooklyn Black Ops. Wonderful notes of chocolate, malts and bourbon. Definitely good stuff.

Having a delicious Epic Barley Wine, at the brewery in their six seater restaurant that the bartender just described as a "loophole."

Having a delicious Epic Barley Wine, at the brewery in their six seater restaurant that the bartender just described as a "loophole."

:lol: Love it! A "loophole". :lol: American Ingenuity!

Relaxing with a Great Lakes Christmas Ale, while watching Littlesmokinjoe and Mrssmokinjoe wrap Christmas presents. I really like the GL beers, and the CA is stellar.

Started early with a Bo Co Barleywine and Coffee Stout and I can honestly say the Barleywine is the star of the show for me this year,excluding the rares and it's going to be a long enjoyable night!I have no idea when I will rise from the coffin tomorrow though.:grin:

Trying to drink some Stone Southern Charred, but I think this cork is glued in here. :/

That's what I thought about this years FR SmB 125th's cork. It didn't want to come out. Anyway back on topic. Drinking a Gumball head.

First go around with some Ballast Point Sculpin IPA. Tasty but fruitier than I'm used to, a little apricot along with the citrus.

First go around with some Ballast Point Sculpin IPA. Tasty but fruitier than I'm used to, a little apricot along with the citrus.
If persuaded you might want to try the Dorado from BP as I also find it to be a rather stellar beer as well in their house style as another variant.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!