What Beer Are You Drinking? Fall '13

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

High praise indeed! Never had a chance to try the BCBS but the Bois may well be my favorite beer ever. Certainly in my top of five!

Yeah, that Bois blew me away. Up until that beer, I thought the BBA market was pretty much cornered with BCBS and FW. I neglected to mention my admiration of barrel-aged Firestone Walker, and wanted to clarify that I love pretty much all of their barrel-aged beer, though the most recent Parabola was a disappointment. Sucaba, DDBA and Velvet Merkin all hit the topest of notches for me, but the BCBS is just more dramatic.

PM me if you can't find it, tanstaa.

Hanging at W 6th for their Christmas beer release. Pretty flippin great, and this coming from someone who generally can't stand Xmas seasonals. Nose reminds me more of say Warlock, in all honesty. Glad to have picked up plenty for myself and to share w friends!

Following my W6th up w some AtG We Brett It Wrong, a Brett finished Saison. Hate to say it bc I generally love these guys, but it ain't great. Boozy, bitter, and a lot maltier than I would expect any Brett to be. Just strange all the way around, and disappointing.

Following my W6th up w some AtG We Brett It Wrong, a Brett finished Saison. Hate to say it bc I generally love these guys, but it ain't great. Boozy, bitter, and a lot maltier than I would expect any Brett to be. Just strange all the way around, and disappointing.

That is one of the few beers they have done that I have not tried. The Chris Framboise was a solid mild sour. Tickle me AleMo was also very good along with the Kentucky Common.

I picked up a few that I haven't tried today since I was shutout on some bourbon. DFH - Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, Hop Stoopid (recommended by Hectic1), and a Brooklyn Brewery Silver Anniversary Lager. I also grabbed a single of Midas Touch. I've had that one before and like it, but it's not one I reach for often enough to get a full pack.

Surly Furious. So happy to see these on the shelves around Chicagoland. Now if only New Glarus would do the same...

Tries the Atilla the Hen yet, Eric?

We had that on tap a couple weeks ago. Went very quickly. I liked it but only a glass at a time. It was 12.7% abv and a bit on the syrupy side.

We have another keg of it that I am going to old onto for a bit.

Picked up a six pack of Arcadia's Thunder Trail ESB (from Battle Creek, Michigan). I've enjoyed several of their other products over the years but this one was just...dull. A real disappointment compared to the other English-style ales we sampled on Saturday.

Surly Furious. So happy to see these on the shelves around Chicagoland. Now if only New Glarus would do the same...

I'm enjoying a Great Lakes Christmas Ale. I had a very tough day. A bi-annual inspection that was he toughest I've ever had in 40+ years in the business. I passed but I also earned my keep!

I'm enjoying a Great Lakes Christmas Ale. I had a very tough day. A bi-annual inspection that was he toughest I've ever had in 40+ years in the business. I passed but I also earned my keep!
I'm guessing you're gonna need more than beer, eh Will?:grin:

I'm guessing you're gonna need more than beer, eh Will?:grin:

Yes!, fortunately I keep a cellar.

Some more Lag Brown Shugga',which has been my go to lately.Lagunitas definitely has a discernible house style much like many of the HH products share common characteristics,what ever they are doing.......I LIKE IT!I enjoy a great many of their products.I'm trying to lay back on my Bo Co stuff until the holidays roll around,because once I start in on that stuff it doesn't seem to stick around very long.:grin:

Edited by WAINWRIGHT

Tried the new Terrapin White Chocolate Moo-Hoo today. It was quite unremarkable and something of a disappointment to me. Compared it to a regular Moo-Hoo which was not much better. Very thin for a stout without much malt or chocolate.

Picked up a Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Bean and a New Belgium Lips of Faith Ale made with Chiles in collaboration with Cigar City to try later in hopes they are a bit better. A bit frustrating that we don't seem to get regular Cigar City beers in Atlanta currently.

Founders Sweet Repute, a hefty wheat wine aged in maple barrels. This is an excellent Winter beer. Hoping to find a few more of these around.

Picked up my annual case of Sam Adams Winter Favorites Variety Pack, today. Disappointed that there is no Holiday Porter in it. It's been one of my favorite selections of the yearly release. :(. Luckily the Old Fezziwig Ale is still in there, and the Cherry Chocolate Bock sure sounds scrumptious.

Founders Sweet Repute, a hefty wheat wine aged in maple barrels. This is an excellent Winter beer. Hoping to find a few more of these around.

Grabbed a couple of these in Louisville myself. Tasty. As good as I remember when it was part of the nemesis series.

My store has not been deemed worthy of all the backstage releases from Founders. I love their beers but understand that this is a business first and foremost.

Same reason why I haven't been ordering founders kegs for the growler system. Business decision...

Sam Adams Cherry Chocolate Bock.

Hey Paddy, what did you think of that? It sure sounds decadently delicious! I'm really enjoying the SA Juniper IPA from the same Holiday Pack, at the moment.

St. Arnold Pumpkinator… might be the best pumpkin beer I've had yet. It's a dark ale with roasted malt flavor, plenty of pumpkin and a nice complement of spice.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!