What Beer Are You Drinking? Fall '13

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Epic Big Bad Baptist thanks to a kind SB buddy. Man, this is a delicious stout. Big ole bitter chocolate and espresso. Big malts and really just a hint of bourbon barrel booziness. Silky, luxurious...just damn.

Picked up a Sam Adams seasonal sampler box last night and cracked open my first Old Fezziwig Ale. So far, so good.

Picked up a Sam Adams seasonal sampler box last night and cracked open my first Old Fezziwig Ale. So far, so good.

Oooooh!!! I love my yearly buy of this. Can't wait to bag one on my next trip to Costco.

:toast:

Sharing an Against the Grain Bo and Luke with some friends. This is really great beer. Love the smokiness, really goes well with a big bourbon-aged stout. Thanks to a kind SB buddy for hooking me up with this ;)

Had some Surly Furious today. Not bad. At all. Quite good actually. Pleasing hop character, though a bit more malty than I prefer my APAs. Still, the hops came up on top of the malt, which is always what I want in a A/IPA. No complaints, and the 16oz can is nice.

A Fireside Chat from 21st Amendment while taking in the Baylor/Okie St. game last night.

To me, it is a slow sipper type of heavy winter beer. So much going on in there. While it was enjoyable, I can only stomach one in a session.

First ever Sculpin IPA. Geez wish this was easier for me to get. So fruit forward. Tropical stuff and then a big wallop of tangerine?! Just the tiniest bite and bitterness on the finish. Extremely well balanced stuff.

Sharing an Against the Grain Bo and Luke with some friends. This is really great beer. Love the smokiness, really goes well with a big bourbon-aged stout. Thanks to a kind SB buddy for hooking me up with this ;)

Enjoying a bottle of the newest batch of Bo & Luke with the family. This batch is much smokier than the past few. There really isn't any way to tell which batch they are. The first batch had tons of wax on them. 4 or so inches from the top. Newer batches have only an inch of wax.

Kentucky Bourbon Ale - from a growler fill. A local gas station/convenience store has installed taps and has several craft beers for sale by the 64 oz growler, at very reasonable prices. KBA is one of their every day choices.

Kentucky Bourbon Ale - from a growler fill. A local gas station/convenience store has installed taps and has several craft beers for sale by the 64 oz growler, at very reasonable prices. KBA is one of their every day choices.

Firestone DBA, decent but nothing too exciting. It could be my fault though. I noticed afterwards the brew date was December of last year and they recommend drinking it within 120 days. Oops.... need to start paying attention

Dropped off a growler of New England Brewing Co. Sea Hag IPA for a liquor store manager who is a buddy. Looking forward to grabbing their Imperial Stout Trooper for myself next week. Also had some He'Brew Rye IPA aged in old Willett Rye barrels. This stuff is right up my alley, might have to grab a few more.

Epic Lemondrop and FFF Urine Trouble. Epic was pretty good, although it was more lemongrass than lemondrop candy to me. Still tasty though. The FFF is dirty funky good. A Brett Imperial IPA. Ranges from tropical fruits to baseball card bubblegum to Christmas tree to barnyard funk. Just killer stuff to me.

Grain Belt Premium

It is my favorite American-Style Lager by far. It is brewed by August Schell Brewing in New Ulm, Minnesota. It is kind of a cultural icon up here. It is unique because it has a slight sweetness but there is a hint of hop aroma which you don't usually see in an American Lager. It is the beer of choice for many microbrew fans when they are not drinking micros.

First ever Sculpin IPA. Geez wish this was easier for me to get. So fruit forward. Tropical stuff and then a big wallop of tangerine?! Just the tiniest bite and bitterness on the finish. Extremely well balanced stuff.

Good to hear about this one. I picked up a bottle of that on a friend's recommendation but have yet to try it. Your description has me itching to pop the cap!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!