What Beer Are You Drinking? Fall '13

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey Paddy, what did you think of that? It sure sounds decadently delicious! I'm really enjoying the SA Juniper IPA from the same Holiday Pack, at the moment.

I enjoyed it... smells like a cherry/vanilla coke and tastes like a beer infused chocolate covered cherry. Hope you enjoy as well Joe!

Well I went over to one of the Barns to try to find a specific beer but I guess they didn't get any. Anyway, I ended up with two six-packs I've never had before: Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale and Schlafly Christmas Ale. Trying the Schlafly right now and I like it a lot. Looking forward to trying the Oskar Blues.

What were you looking for Matt?

Was looking for the West Sixth Christmas Ale. But it must have been a much more limited release than I had imagined.

Don't think it's hit there yet. Maybe tomorrow, but prob Tues. if you miss it, let me know and I'll bring you some.

Don't think it's hit there yet. Maybe tomorrow, but prob Tues. if you miss it, let me know and I'll bring you some.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the heads up. I meant to ask our Clark sales rep about it this week but forgot. And we only get beer once a week at the store.

Six packs only???????

It's on tap here at one of the LBarns. May go grab a growler of it for this weekend.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I've always been partial to the Huns. A misrepresented people.

Belgian beers last night including Goose Island Matilda and Duchesse de Bourgogne Belgian Ale, the latter a Flemish red/brown "sour" ale along the lines of Rodenbach Grand Cru. I'm afraid I liked the DdB far more than my friend who was turned off by the sour/tart dark cherry flavor and aroma but I dug it immensely. Sour ales are definitely not for everyone but once you get used to them, they deliver a very unique and pleasurable drinking experience.

Was looking for the West Sixth Christmas Ale. But it must have been a much more limited release than I had imagined.

West sixth Xmas was very limited in Louisville. 50 cases for the area. We received two cases.

Tried a GI BCS coffee tonight. Damn good, Expresso, bourbon, and buttery smooth. At 13% abv, if it was regularly available it could get dangerous.

Had my first GI BC Barleywine tonight. Very good and ridiculously smooth. It's going to be hard to ration what little I was able to get this year.

Anderson Valley Winter Solstice. Almost didn't get it because info not like the spiced Christmas beers. This one is very good. Glad I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying my last Four Peaks pumpkin porter while grilling some extra thick pork chops this brisk evening. It's hitting the spot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I drank a whole bomber of the GI Proprietor's BCBS on Saturday. Beers don't get any bigger. All the depth of the regular BCBS with the coconut oils bringing some creamy lemon notes out as well as fresh vanilla wafers. Deep, dark chocolate with Nestle Crunch notes. I don't imagine I'll attempt to tackle another bomber on my own again. After I finished it, I felt like I had just been at a wedding and ate way, way too much rich chocolate wedding cake.

The rye barrel brought a drier taste to the booziness and made room for the subtleties of the coconut. I found it to be exquisite, but it's so big it can be hard to process, which is why a whole bomber on my own was [almost] too much for me!!

I went to Founder's on Friday and got a growler fill of their Boss Pale Ale. It's nothing spectacular - just a good solid pale ale. I like to fill my growler at Founder's with something they don't usually bottle if they have something like that on tap. My excuse to go there was to pick up two bottles of Sweet Repute but I haven't touched those yet.

I have also been drinking Dark Horse 4 Elf like it's going out of style.

Some GI Big John bottled last December,loads of chocolate notes and molasses sweetness throughout but not crossing the line in any sense.

I'm drinking a Red Rock Elephino double IPA. Red Rock is giving Epic a run for their money in the prestigious "Jim's Favorite Place to Buy Local Beer Derby."

Drinking some 3Floyds Gumball head. Great nose and loads of citrus. Not my favorite but it's pretty tasty.

Drinking some 3Floyds Gumball head. Great nose and loads of citrus. Not my favorite but it's pretty tasty.

Gumballhead is my go-to FFF in WI, along with Dreadnaught. They are stocked on the shelves pretty regularly. I've never found any Zombie Dust on the shelf, but I'll keep crossing my fingers. :)

Gumballhead is my go-to FFF in WI, along with Dreadnaught. They are stocked on the shelves pretty regularly. I've never found any Zombie Dust on the shelf, but I'll keep crossing my fingers. :)

I found some Zombie Dust just tonight. Unfortunately none will touch my lips but it's going to a good cause. It's getting shipped to Japan for one of our fine soldiers who can't find any decent beer while stationed over there. Apparently all they have is saki and Budweiser and other crappy Japanese beer.

I found some Zombie Dust just tonight. Unfortunately none will touch my lips but it's going to a good cause. It's getting shipped to Japan for one of our fine soldiers who can't find any decent beer while stationed over there. Apparently all they have is saki and Budweiser and other crappy Japanese beer.

Couldn't think of a better place to send it. Hats off to you, sir!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!