2013 BTAC discussion

JVande
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I wasn't familiar with her, but I enjoyed her notes on these releases. Interesting that she's so big on the Handy. And I know somebody that will love the "sorghum" note in the Saz 18.

Sounds like the Ryes have it! :grin: And of course, the sorghum notes sound good to me, can't wait to try these. If only I had some help in locating these :cool:

Sounds like the Ryes have it! :grin: And of course, the sorghum notes sound good to me, can't wait to try these. If only I had some help in locating these :cool:

The question is will they arrive and disappear before we even know it. And, if we get a shot to buy one or two, will it be close to MSRP.

This will be my first shot at a retail bottle - I'm in a store raffle, though I may choose a Pappy [if I win] instead. Oops, sorry for the thread drift comment in this BTAC info thread.

Edited by MauiSon

Good luck. More of the "much less than last year" song and dance from the distributor. Non big box places are looking at single bottles of all but the stagg instead of a full 3 pack case. Evidently there is more stagg this year than last.

Shouldn't BTAC be out by now? I am pretty sure BTAC went on sale in PA last year on September 25th. We haven't even had a glimpse with a review.

Went to a local store today.. The lady a bourbon fanatic said prolly 2 weeks for us.

I checked with one of my local retailers and they thought early November for here, but that was just speculation. My hopes of getting a bottle this year are very low but I can always try...

I checked with one of my local retailers and they thought early November for here, but that was just speculation. My hopes of getting a bottle this year are very low but I can always try...

Seems like the Thomas Handy is readily available here year round.

About three years ago, a local party store had a bottle or two of THH from several years perhaps 10 bottles total, then one day they were all gone. Dusty hunter. (Not me.)

About three years ago, a local party store had a bottle or two of THH from several years perhaps 10 bottles total, then one day they were all gone. Dusty hunter. (Not me.)

From what multiple vendor told me THH is more popular in the east coast and less so in west coast. It usually hang around all year over here.

From what multiple vendor told me THH is more popular in the east coast and less so in west coast. It usually hang around all year over here.

THH is quite easy to find around me, I know of a few stores that have bottles from 2010-2012. I have seen stores with multiple bottles in NY, NJ, DE, and MD.

Seems like the Thomas Handy is readily available here year round.

I've never seen THH here in the PACNW available but we just recently changed from state stores to private so the purchasing and distributing is all changed now. Previous to the last few years I was blissfully unaware of the BTAC :)

I've never seen THH here in the PACNW available but we just recently changed from state stores to private so the purchasing and distributing is all changed now. Previous to the last few years I was blissfully unaware of the BTAC :)

It's been THH & ER17 that seem to stick around a little longer - but not past a few weeks it would seem.

Nope. It was Dec. 1 last year when Big Red released its allotment, and that was before they took over all those Indianapolis chains.

It's been THH & ER17 that seem to stick around a little longer - but not past a few weeks it would seem.

My local has the Stagg and Weller. He said he could only sell me one bottle. Period. I took the Stagg. Lower proof at 128 something. Anybody taste this one yet?? Compared to the Weller? Another place has the 18 yo Rye, but I've not bought into that yet as I still have some from last, and find myself pulling more on the Stagg and Weller's.

Cheers,

RW

I've seen several Kentucky folks posting bottles this morning...

That sight has done nothing good for the bourbon community. It has made it significantly harder for the average person to get a bottle at retail. Buying up everything and posting a for sale post from the car.

That sight has done nothing good for the bourbon community. It has made it significantly harder for the average person to get a bottle at retail. Buying up everything and posting a for sale post from the car.

Yep. I got one emailer from a Louisville store saying their allocation was going on sale at 6pm. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I'm getting married this weekend and can't get down there to wait in line tonight!

Yep saw it. It goes on sale at retailers one day and posted for sale by the bourbon paparazzi the same day. Hard enough to get and find before the age of shelf-cleaners. Confoundit!

Yep saw it. It goes on sale at retailers one day and posted for sale by the bourbon paparazzi the same day. Hard enough to get and find before the age of shelf-cleaners. Confoundit!

Yeah it is quite frustrating and odd. People go through this so they can make maybe $50-150? Are people that far down on their luck these days? Is it worth their time and effort?

Also on the fact sheet for the Saz 18, it says the initial distillation occurred in 1985, but then they don't list the actual age at the bottom of the sheet like they did with all of the other releases. Was it taken out at 18 and been sitting around for 10 years waiting to be bottled?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.