What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2013

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I question if it's a permanent line. My guess is they're bringing it in as a once-off via the UK (the fact it is 700ml and not 750ml gives this away). From what I understand they're allocating stock to a lot of their current markets, so it makes no sense to open here with small batch.

I am sure your right Cam. But I am not going to complain.

Local store had nothing, so I am going to guess its online only. So I ordered 3 and a bottle of scotch for the girl.

Finished off the last couple of pours of Old Virginia 6yo last night. Mixed it with coke after a long afternoon in the garden. Moved onto some Heaven Hill Special Select (SB bottling) - a truely supurb pour!

I put in my Aldi order for Four roses, and also grabbed a 1l Makers Mark (45% !) . Grabbed a few cheap sparkling wines etc for the Mrs. All shipped for $7 postage. Very reasonable really.

I put in my Aldi order for Four roses, and also grabbed a 1l Makers Mark (45% !) . Grabbed a few cheap sparkling wines etc for the Mrs. All shipped for $7 postage. Very reasonable really.

Let us know when you get the makers, Ive always wanted to order some but was never sure if its actually the 45% juice or theyve just used the wrong research.

This ^

Also sat down last night and had some FR Super Premium and today some I.W Haper. The FR was amazing and the I.W is good, but not as good.

I was also surfing the interwebs and found some guy selling a bottle of 1855 Wild Turkey...for 1000. I really feel like messaging him and asking him where the hell did he pull that number from or does he think the bottle was actually made in 1855!

Edited by Vietish

Im watching an 1855 in ebay atm currently at $160 with a day to go.

Johnny drum green last night was ok ,not great

This ^

Also sat down last night and had some FR Super Premium and today some I.W Haper. The FR was amazing and the I.W is good, but not as good.

I was also surfing the interwebs and found some guy selling a bottle of 1855 Wild Turkey...for 1000. I really feel like messaging him and asking him where the hell did he pull that number from or does he think the bottle was actually made in 1855!

Is the FR the Japan release ?, $1000 for wild turkey 1855 that's a lot to ask

Hi all I had a good friend who us coming over in the future and ask if I wanted a nice bottle as he can get his hands on some FR125, FR13 LE SB or Willet rye 5yrs and the FR Secretariat not sure which one to have ?and Parkers Heritage 6 which one would be a good one to keep :)

Hi all I had a good friend who us coming over in the future and ask if I wanted a nice bottle as he can get his hands on some FR125, FR13 LE SB or Willet rye 5yrs and the FR Secretariat not sure which one to have ?and Parkers Heritage 6 which one would be a good one to keep :)

Robbie, you couldn't go wrong with any of the FR (the Secretariat being the least impressive of that lineup) or the PH 6. The Willet is good, but a step down in my opinion.

That bottle must come from another branch of the space-time continuum because in our reality, Wild Turkey distillery wasn't founded until 1869. So $1000 is actually a bargain :lol:

So the Willet is a no no as is the Secretariat :) so leaves the PH6- FR125 and 13SBLE :) Which one lol

I say go with the FR125 as it's universally regarded as being awesome. You're a lucky man if you manage to get a hold of it!

If he's prepared to mule them for you, he can bring you 2.25 liters or 3 x 750ml bottles. That's 2 x 125FR and a PH 6 isn't it? :)

If he's prepared to mule them for you, he can bring you 2.25 liters or 3 x 750ml bottles. That's 2 x 125FR and a PH 6 isn't it? :)

Only if he brings the goods will he get feed ;) and be able to sleep in a bed with a mattress . I hope it's not ones of theses 1 per customers shops :(

I gotta say that Aldi deliver crazy fast. Box arrived this morning already. Thats pretty impressive.

I gotta say that Aldi deliver crazy fast. Box arrived this morning already. Thats pretty impressive.

Wow how many bottles did you get ? That very fast very impressed

3 bottles here we come :), such a good price for the FR :)

Greedy man you lol, did you hear about the scam they pulled regarding the JW walker King Edward whiskey ? Retail $599 they were selling it for $399 and Danny Murphys followed suit they apparently sold out mmmmm

Yeah, I read that article. I was tempted to get a bottle and give it as a gift for my mothers Bday. But my budget chose FR roses instead. :P

Dan's reckon they will beat any advertised price, so that is what you get for making that promise. I also like how you have the whiskey shop in double bay have a whinge that it cheapens the brand and how it shouldn't be allowed. Never mind that they charge close to 800 (i think) for it.

I say bring it on. I am all for independent retailers, but when they gouge prices like that, I have little pity.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.