What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2013

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For the Sydney folk, found a shop that stocks FR Yellow Roses. Goulburn Liquor on Brisbane St, Darlinghurst. Interesting store to say the least. They also have a bit of HW Double Rye for 85. Hudson for 95. EWSB for 75 and few other bits and pieces. Also stock all the Free Brothers Bitters if anyone is looking for it.

Mate, if they had FRSB I would have told you. I can promise you that!

Picked up a bottle of High West Rendevous Rye at lunch time. Had to stop myself from buying up serveral bottles, but will definitely re-visit the store in a few more weeks :)

Picked up a bottle of High West Rendevous Rye at lunch time. Had to stop myself from buying up serveral bottles, but will definitely re-visit the store in a few more weeks :)

Which store in Brissy had these in ?

On a good note everyone finally sort out the customs or should I say the DHL one they over charged my by $153, duty on 3 bottles was $110 which is cool by me for the four roses 125ann and limited ed as well as the Rockhill :)

The one in Queens Plaza. They had a good range with BTAC, Four Roses, Rittenhouse BIB and Jeffersons to name a few I haven't seen often.

The one in Queens Plaza. They had a good range with BTAC, Four Roses, Rittenhouse BIB and Jeffersons to name a few I haven't seen often.

May have to pop in there in the next couple of weeks :) I think I know the one I got my Rittenhouse 25yrs rye from very good range and well priced too :)

May have to pop in there in the next couple of weeks :) I think I know the one I got my Rittenhouse 25yrs rye from very good range and well priced too :)

If you're in the area of Queens Plaza and have time for a bourbon/coffee/catchup, let me know... My work is only 200 metres away and I can usually get away most days.

Do they ship? What prices do they have Cam? What is Jefferson like?

Thanks

If you're in the area of Queens Plaza and have time for a bourbon/coffee/catchup, let me know... My work is only 200 metres away and I can usually get away most days.

Now that's an offer I couldn't turn down, will let you know when I'm up :)

Thanks

Give them a call I'm pretty sure they would :)

Staying up late to watch the last game of the Premier League and working my through a few glasses of KC.

Lets go reds! YNWA!

Thanks

I'm not sure if they ship as this was my first trip to the store - like Robbie said, maybe give them a call. As for Jeffersons, I didn't buy any, but do have a bottle I purchased in Hawaii a couple of years ago. Haven't opened it yet, but may now that I can get a replacement. Will report back if I do.

I knew there was a good reason we get long so well, I am a lifelong Liverpool fan :)

Vietish, I have started a new job which will see me travel around a lot of Sydney's western suburbs. I might get the time to go hunting in some remote stores. I will let you know if I find anything good :)

Staying up late to watch the last game of the Premier League and working my through a few glasses of KC.

Lets go reds! YNWA!

Please say your not a Scouser :) ? I'll have to hide all my Bourbon and padlock my hubcaps lol

Scouse and proud baby!

It was a good year for us. Might not have won the league, but 2nd by a couple of points is more than I think anyone would have hoped for prior to the season starting.

Scouse and proud baby!

It was a good year for us. Might not have won the league, but 2nd by a couple of points is more than I think anyone would have hoped for prior to the season starting.

You just lost it at the end, silly when you had it won :) always next year good to see a nice mix of winners and top places to different clubs :)

That's a great price for a quality bourbon.

JBRye yesterday, today and tomorrow! IMO the best bang for your buck commonly available in Oz

Whats yours?

I will be going to Aldi too (it is about $25 less than the last bottle I bought).

Liverpool has one of the worlds best players in Luis and I think they have one of the top young managers in world football, the future is very bright.

We will win the league in the next 1-3 years

Aldi liquor is online only I think.

No booze in stores as far as I know.

Shipping is only $7 though for up to a carton, so pretty reasonable

Aldi liquor is online only I think.

No booze in stores as far as I know.

Shipping is only $7 though for up to a carton, so pretty reasonable

A number of the Aldi stores in Sydney sell liquor in store in a small section. Hope the ones I go to have the Four Roses.

Edited by Sydney BJW

Yeah, the local store near me has a liquor section.

BJW, let me know how you go, as time ran away from me today and I didnt get a chance to get out.

If I cant find it in store tomorrow I am just going to order online.

I read in the catalogue that the Queensland stores don't have liquor section.

I went to two stores near me yesterday, both have very small liquor sections, both with no four roses in sight.

Yeah, the local store near me has a liquor section.

BJW, let me know how you go, as time ran away from me today and I didnt get a chance to get out.

Might have to go the online order here too. That's as good a price as I've seen!

Finally something from Four Roses is available here for a reasonable price. That's good.

Unfortunately Aldi Liquor don't deliver to the West Coast. That's bad.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.