What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2013

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got my Aldi order today. I can confirm that the Makers Mark 1l is indeed 45%.

The label has Australia distributor info on the back 'Supplied in Australia by Beam global' etc, so does not look to be a sideways import from the UK or something like that.

The 4Rsb however has 'Kirin Europe GmbH, Dusseldorf Germany' on the back label, so as Cam suggested this one looks to have been sourced via Europe.

Edited by mfxr

The label has Australia distributor info on the back 'Supplied in Australia by Beam global' etc, so does not look to be a sideways import from the UK or something like that.

The 4Rsb however has 'Kirin Europe GmbH, Dusseldorf Germany' on the back label, so as Cam suggested this one looks to have been sourced via Europe.

When did your order ?

Very large pour of RHF tonight. Really enjoying this, especially when it hits back of my tongue.

Got my 3 bottles today, and yes very fast postage service very happy which the goods time to crack one open over the weekend for a few pours :)

Very large pour of RHF tonight. Really enjoying this, especially when it hits back of my tongue.

Is this the rock hills bourbon ? What are your thoughts on it taste wise I have a bottle in my stash :)

Who here has been to mybottleshop.com.au recently?

Wow I dont know what happened but they have a huge range now and some very decent prices, some pretty hard to get stuff too.

Check it out, you wont be dissapointed

Who here has been to mybottleshop.com.au recently?

Wow I dont know what happened but they have a huge range now and some very decent prices, some pretty hard to get stuff too.

Check it out, you wont be dissapointed

I have ordered from them a few times always been impressed with the service, they have a great range of goodies too. I just wish they would offer free shipping :)

Is this the rock hills bourbon ? What are your thoughts on it taste wise I have a bottle in my stash :)

I like it. A lot. The bottle is now opening up and getting better as I go through it.

Just got back from Hunter Valley.

Everything was a success! Went for a walk to smoke a cigar, came back to the room and had the Stagg set up. Blew her away with that, then dropped to a knee and popped out the ring. Tears and disbelief, followed by giggles. All settled down with a few big pours of Stagg! I could not ask for it to go better.

Now I am up to my eyeballs in port and muscat. Its going to be a good winter.

Beautiful :) so happy for you both, which Stagg did you get in the end ? 2010 :)

Its the 2011. And once again a big thanks to BJ for the hook up!

Everything was a success! Went for a walk to smoke a cigar, came back to the room and had the Stagg set up. Blew her away with that, then dropped to a knee and popped out the ring. Tears and disbelief, followed by giggles. All settled down with a few big pours of Stagg! I could not ask for it to go better.

Well V, a big congratulations to you both! Best wishes for a long and blissful life together!

:toast:

Congratulations to you both Vietish! You couldn't have picked a nicer part of the world to propose either (we love visiting the Hunter Valley)! Did you happen to stop at Robyn Drayton Wines to try their white port?

Great news Vietish, I wish you and your partner all the very best.

Must admit I also like port and Muscat, I usually get the ones from North East Victoria a my grandparents use to live in the region and I have been going t the wineries their since I was about 5.

I like it. A lot. The bottle is now opening up and getting better as I go through it.

My Rock Hills Farms bottle is about 2/3 gone. I had four pours of different bourbons last night after a long week at work. I had Rock Hill Farms (thanks for the tip were to buy Vietish), Evan Williams Single Barrel 2002 ( near the end of the bottle I got for $48, doubt I will spend the $100 I see it in stores for now), Bulleit 10 years old and Blantons yellow label.

I must admit I enjoyed each of them but I have had to ran them it would be: Rock Hill Farms first, Blantons second and then very close between the other two.

Its the 2011. And once again a big thanks to BJ for the hook up!

Not this time Cam. I have had it before, but this time we just focused on our favorites. We bought a couple of cases at Piggs Peake and a fair bit at Hungerford Hills. With the odd bit here and there. Its a shame that more than a few places are now starting to charge for their tastings. If you dont want people to try your wine, dont open a cellar door.

Also picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare 17 from 2010 today as well. Went for a drive to a Salvos to find a cheap wine rack and drove past a small little bottle shop in Glenfield. On the way back, we figured, heh, why not stop. Might find an old Turkey or something. As we walked straight through the front door...BOOM. Whole BTAC. Lot B. Willet Pot Still. WT Kentucky Spirit (on presentation box). EW Single Barrel. And a few other random things. It was more than a surprise. As I am sure a few of the Sydney people would understand that Glenfield is not the umm....err.....usual place to find classy booze.

So now after all that, I am tapped out for a little while.

Congrats on the engagement Vietish! I'm 3yrs in myself, neither of us are planners but we should probably get on that!

Wild Turkey Rare Breed tonight while watching the Monaco F1. Must say that I much prefer this pour neat vs the usual cube or two. I find it really unpleasant with ice.

Picked up a Four Roses Yellow Label, and Four Roses Small Batch today... Going to crack the Small Batch tonight :)

I have been enjoying the FRSB the last few nights such a lovely tipple :) hoping to try the GTS JR to see what it's like :)

From what I can gather from the Aldi website, it looks like that the FR could be a stayer. Which is good for all of us.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.