Wild Turkey Diamond Anniversary

sob0728
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wild Turkey Australia are set to announce something 'new' in their product line. I'm guessing this is it, but will wait and see. It'll probably go for $200 a bottle if it is :bigeyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Oscar,

I bought one in the WT gift shop but I did not open it yet. Price is a little salty.

Joe :usflag:

I got one at the WT gift shop also a couple of weeks ago, it was a penny more than the MI price.

Would definitely like to hear Joe and Oscar's notes.

So far, our members don't like it too much.

I guess I'll pick up one too just to try for myself when it comes out here.

Would definitely like to hear Joe and Oscar's notes.

So far, our members don't like it too much.

I guess I'll pick up one too just to try for myself when it comes out here.

Thanks Joe. It arrives at the end of the month, and if the interest on the Wild Turkey Australia Facebook page is anything to go by, it's going to sell out fast. I will definitely be chasing at least one bottle...... I stood in the gift shop on the Sampler weekend saying yes/no over and over and eventually went with no to save exceeding my duty free allowance coming back into Australia.

I think I have too many bottles of $100 + bourbon/rye on my bar, in my stash and in my bunker to buy another anytime soon.

I think I have too many bottles of $100 + bourbon/rye on my bar, in my stash and in my bunker to buy another anytime soon.

There are trillions and trillions of dollars in this world, but only a few good bourbons.

You can always make more money, but bourbon.......

There are trillions and trillions of dollars in this world, but only a few good bourbons.

You can always make more money, but bourbon.......

I concur or as the Fabulous Furry Freak Bothers said back in the '60's,... “Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope.”

I concur or as the Fabulous Furry Freak Bothers said back in the '60's,... “Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope.â€

I went on the tour at WT today, and asked the guide (who mentioned he was a fan of barrel-proof bourbons) why the Diamond was only 91. He claimed that all the old barrels they used for it were below 101 - an average of 95, he said - so they had no choice. I then asked why they didn't just bottle it at barrel proof and label it as such, and he had no response.

I went on the tour at WT today, and asked the guide (who mentioned he was a fan of barrel-proof bourbons) why the Diamond was only 91. He claimed that all the old barrels they used for it were below 101 - an average of 95, he said - so they had no choice.

What's that I'm smelling? Oh yeah, could it be ..... :horseshit::horseshit::horseshit:???

Isn't it a Turkey thing that they always end their proofs with a 1? 91 would have been the closest achievable if so.

Yes, their owners have apparently decided that 'one' business has some sort of recognition factor. I don't agree with that lime of reasoning but my opinion isn't being sought on the matter.

Well...it isn't being sought YET. There's still time for the double diamond anniversary...

Isn't it a Turkey thing that they always end their proofs with a 1? 91 would have been the closest achievable if so.

I wouldn't speculate with any one. That's the F word (flipping). Ask your dude if you can buy one promptly and try it overnight to confirm for the other 3 if you love it.

If not, let sleeping Turkeys lie. There's an honest, hard workin' WT fan out there who deserves a crack at this for his life's most special occasions.

Your bourbon guy doesn't expect you to buy everything rare he pitches you. And as RM has highlighted, the reviews on this by people who know their bourbon were in an unusual level of agreement.

I wouldn't speculate with this one. It's not being sought after very much. That may change in time. The proof just kills this one for me and many others.
My thinking was to buy a few extras and maybe sometime down the road. I maybe able to trade for something.. Same thing with some of the 2014 Limited FRSB I have.. Maybe someone will try to get a Wild Turkey Collection and a few years from now this fills a hole for them.. I am looking for BTAC right now and And Pappys.. Althought I find it hard to think some would be willing to trade Pappy For this particular WT Diamond Anniversary.. I am hoping my go to guy can get me some ECSB 12 year old Seems it was not released in Florida if what I heard is correct.. I figure to buy what I view as limited and use it to get what I really like..Creggor

I haven't seen but a couple reviews of this. My initial thoughts are to skip it entirely, as I haven't seen any "must buy" type comments, but I kinda hope to see some pop up soon.

I have been out of the bourbon buying business for a little while. The self imposed ban lasted for a lot longer than I thought. I did however make a couple of stops last weekend and this stuff was all over. I was tempted but the low proof and price tag made me pause. Opted for a half a case of OWA instead. Pretty sure I made the decision but would be good to have something to commemorate Jimmy.

Edited by Ejmharris
iphone autocorrect fixes

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.