What's your consumption?

Oboe Cadobro
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, if you practice what doctors and nurses do when they ask you how much you drink, just double what everybody says and that should make you feel better. :cool:

A buddy of mine said he went to the doctor and was asked how many days a week he drinks. He said "no more than seven".

I'll say probably 2-3 bottles, sometimes more, sometimes less. I go on spurts where all I really want is 1 oz per evening. I then have nights where about 8 different bourbons sound great and I take about 1 oz of each. Then there are times where I cannot stop drinking VOB BIB after getting a few. I'm like most folks here, though, in that I rarely finish a bottle so it is tough to tell. I probably have between 20 and 25 bottles open at any time and twice (or thrice) that bunkered.

Bingstein, who is that lovely young woman in your avatar? Just curious...:cool:

These days bottles tend to get opened more frequently than they get emptied. Before bottles started multiplying in the house it was pretty rare for 750ml of anything to see the same weekday twice.

I have a collection of empties going back three years showing my average is about 2.5 750's spirit/month.

This includes supplying friends stopping by and-- for the last year an equally thirsty as I lady friend for whom a little bourbon has proven quite the aphrodisiac. This has increased consumption a bit... well, a lot ;-)

I probably go though a bottle equivalent (I drink a variety of bourbons) in a typical week.

hyqasequ.jpg

Across beer, wine and whiskey, it's probably the equivalent of 15-20 drinks per week. I tend to have a beer or glass of wine when I get home then shift to whiskey once everything is done and I can relax. Most of my pours are at or under an ounce though - I'm still in a sampling mode (not to mention with ADD I love variety! OOOOOHHHH! Shiny!)

-- Ravensfire

Bingstein, who is that lovely young woman in your avatar? Just curious...:cool:

This has been discussed in a different thread...its Bing himself..:cool:

Across beer, wine and whiskey, it's probably the equivalent of 15-20 drinks per week. I tend to have a beer or glass of wine when I get home then shift to whiskey once everything is done and I can relax. Most of my pours are at or under an ounce though - I'm still in a sampling mode (not to mention with ADD I love variety! OOOOOHHHH! Shiny!)

-- Ravensfire

I think we are on the same schedule. Get home from work and have a glass of port or wine while I read the local daily news paper, then before bed have about 1 to 1.5oz of bourbon to settle in.

2-5 oz. 3 nights a week. If I am on travel for work for long stretches of time..let's just say it goes up :)

Estimate 1-2 bottles on avg/month. Heavily weather dependent as the heat kills my thirst. I figure 4 years or so in reserve.

Last year I went through <6 bottles of bourbon. I have about 10 opened at one time. About half of these have been opened for 2-3 year now.

I probably am in the 2 to 3 bottles a month range(closer to three). Currently about 45 open. This varies upward depending upon the number of friends that stop by or samples handed out. Projected to run out in 18.5 to 28 years.

Edited by docbible

maybe 1 to 1/2 per month. Not counting what is consumed on travel time for work. I have about 6-7 open bottles at the moment & one 18yr single malt currently.

maybe 1 to 1/2 per month. Not counting what is consumed on travel time for work. I have about 6-7 open bottles at the moment & one 18yr single malt currently.

I like the fact that you don't count the travel time for work...I agree that should not be counted..)

I like the fact that you don't count the travel time for work...I agree that should not be counted..)

"What happens in Vegas stay in Vegas...and Fresno....and Toledo...and Orlando....and..."

Edited by TVojtko

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.