Booker's 25th Anniversary

AaronWF
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone tasted this yet? I'm looking for some opinions. The regular Booker's, while nice and big, carries a corn syrup sweetness that I don't like. It makes a great old fashioned, but it's too pricey for me to use as a mixer.

So is this another glorified, over-priced mixer or is there more to it?

Has anyone tasted this yet? I'm looking for some opinions. The regular Booker's, while nice and big, carries a corn syrup sweetness that I don't like. It makes a great old fashioned, but it's too pricey for me to use as a mixer.

So is this another glorified, over-priced mixer or is there more to it?

Aaron - there's a review of it at: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?21772-Bookers-25th-anniversary&highlight=Bookers

Our local store just committed to a few cases. Seems they have a lot of Booker's aficionados and think it will move. May take some time. $100+.

Indeed.

Think I'm heading over to KySalesReps house for a tasting Sat. May bring this and (natch) the HHSS.

I passed up several of these this week. I enjoy the normal Bookers at the bar from time to time but not sure if this is worth the $100 price tag. Looking forward to hearing what people think.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I couldn't have cared less about this release, since i don't enjoy Booker's. However bourbon truth's good review has my interest piqued. Still not paying $100 for a Booker's though :P

Indeed.

Think I'm heading over to KySalesReps house for a tasting Sat. May bring this and (natch) the HHSS.

Can't join you gents this weekend, save me a taste?

I am going to check around my part of Connecticut this weekend and see if I can find a bottle. I have always enjoyed the regular expression of Bookers.

I managed to snag two bottles - boy the packaging sure is pretty. Haven't had time to crack one open yet. I've been to several stores and they give me the puppy dog look when I mention it. Not sure where it's all going but it doesn't seem to be up here in the Northeast.

I managed to snag two bottles - boy the packaging sure is pretty. ...Not sure where it's all going but it doesn't seem to be up here in the Northeast.

I managed to snag two bottles - boy the packaging sure is pretty. Haven't had time to crack one open yet. I've been to several stores and they give me the puppy dog look when I mention it. Not sure where it's all going but it doesn't seem to be up here in the Northeast.

I know where a lot of it's going and that's on the BX. I've seen a lot of that and Jeff Ocean on there this week. Damn vultures.

I thought they got shut down

I thought they got shut down

Yeah for about an hour. It's also a "secret" group. Have to be invited now by a member. Can't find it by searching.

I can't offer up much in the way of notes after everything we tasted last night, but I will say that I really like it and am glad to have a bottle. We both thought it drank hot at first, but a little time in the glass eased much of that burn. It carries a big, rich caramel sweetness. There's orange, and chocolate, good spice, tobacco, and nice oak. It all seems very composed. Finish seems a tad short, but there is a nice walnut note that carries through here. So it is what you'd think it is, an amped up Bookers, but that ain't exactly a bad thing.

Well, i definitely want to try it, but the store's I've checked arounfd me mostly have no idea. One told me, "Maybe October"... Really?

I wanted a 10th anniversary and never found one. I wasn't going to do the same thing this time around. I snagged one.

Joe :usflag:

I wanted a 10th anniversary and never found one. I wasn't going to do the same thing this time around. I snagged one.

Joe :usflag:

Last month, I told my contact I'll skip when he asked me. But looking at the popularity of this, I reluctantly said I'll take two now. He's saving it for me. :) hahaha

Store i frequent got one bottle in today and my name was at the top of the list. Picked it up. Waiting to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Officially, it's not even out yet.

I bought 1 in Florida 2 weeks ago. It has not been released in Texas yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.