Booker's 25th Anniversary

AaronWF
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

@Cowdery - maybe they are releasing it "early" as a soft release. It's definitely out in MA - in fact it's pretty much sold out everywhere I've been to. I was able to pick up two bottles out of sheer luck - I was in the store asking about it and the whisky guy pointed to the unopened box. Suddenly my wallet was $200 lighter. Rumor is, it is not coming to Rhode Island - being the smallest state really sucks sometimes when it comes to allocations.

Just out of curiosity.... What is the number in side the box behind the bottle? Is each bottle numbered?

I have number 4 & 25 on the boxes that I have.

That's just the number of the various Booker witticism inside. I think mine is #12, "Bourbon. Is there anything it can't do?" or something like that.

Bourbonr.com was trying to put a full list together. It'd be more fun to do it on SB though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just the number of the various Booker witticism inside. I think mine is #12, "Bourbon. Is there anything it can't do?" or something like that.

That one makes me think of this.

5u8ugy2u.jpg

Just a heads up for Maryland SBers: I overheard a conversation between a distributor rep and my whiskey guy that the distributor has its shipment of Booker 25th and will be delivering to stores starting next week. Said distributor claimed that there are 30 cases total allotted to Maryland. My whiskey guy asked for 10 cases for his store and got laughed at. I assume there are somewhere between 3 and six bottles per case, but you all know where counting on assumptions usually gets you. I plan on giving this release a pass, but am certainly happy to let other MD SBers know if I happen across a bottle of it.

Saw 2 of them sitting on the shelf, I guess they were waiting for me,so I obliged. #20,and #18 the 18 states: If you not completely satisified with Booker's Bourbon,send back the unused portion and we'll drink it! ....That's a good one!

Brought home bottle #04 yesterday. Anybody pop this bad boy open yet and sample the goods?

Brought home bottle #04 yesterday. Anybody pop this bad boy open yet and sample the goods?

I have and I like it. I prefer to give it about 20 min in the glass and add just a few tiny drops of water. What does Bookerism #4 say? I've heard there are about 25 of them.

Was offered one for under $100 so decided to give it a go. I believe it is #02 but don't remember the associated quote.

If any of you Maryland folk are interested in picking this up, PM me and I'll let you know you where it can be obtained. I'm giving it a pass, but I am more than happy to share the love with y'all.

Anyone know where/if it's available in the NYC region? I swear, I thought moving to the big city would give me access to everything -- movies, museums, everything. But who cares about those things when you have to wait two/three months for an allocation? We just got EWSB 04 a couple of weeks ago.

I know, boo-hoo ...

I know, boo-hoo ...

Sounds like you're living in Who-ville instead of Brooklyn. :D

Our restaurant got our allocation today. We buy about $10,000 worth of liquor a month and only got 1 measly bottle. 30 bottles total for restaurants in georgia

I have and I like it. I prefer to give it about 20 min in the glass and add just a few tiny drops of water. What does Bookerism #4 say? I've heard there are about 25 of them.

I figure that this would be best with some air time. I didn't notice the Bookerism. I'll pull this out tonight and let you know.

Anyone know where/if it's available in the NYC region? I swear, I thought moving to the big city would give me access to everything -- movies, museums, everything. But who cares about those things when you have to wait two/three months for an allocation? We just got EWSB 04 a couple of weeks ago.

I know, boo-hoo ...

I'm pretty sure it hasn't hit NYC yet. I have a store in the city on the look out for me and upstate and neither have hit me up yet. About a month ago Astor said not till mid-March earliest, so i believe it should be soon

There was one available in Pennington, NJ at the Super Buy-Rite if anyone is interested. I already have one, so I passed.

I figure that this would be best with some air time. I didn't notice the Bookerism. I'll pull this out tonight and let you know.

Bookerism This is not verbatim but, is essentially states "An Acceptable glass of Bourbon is two fingers, Lucky for me i have large fingers"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.