Booker's 25th Anniversary

AaronWF
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Left one at the total wine in cherry hill NJ, if anyone wants it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Bookerism No.9 "It takes years to make our whiskey. Fortunately, it doesn't take that long to drink it."

Outstanding pour. Let it sit for 10min. Neat, glen cairn glass. Maybe in my top 5 all time. Will have to keep an eye out for more. Definitely worth the price tag imho.

A liquor store here in Mass just announced they're taking Hold Cards (purchase-based lottery system) for an allotment of 25th and a few other limited releases coming up. I'm hoping they collect lots of cards - it'll help my chances of scoring a GTS in the Fall :grin:.

Passed on these before so others who are died hard Booker's fans can have them. Buy now my contact was able to get two more, so might as well for a rainy day. Haha :)

These are waiting for me.

yjy5ebyg.jpg

Just picked up my first bottle of this for myself (picked up one as a gift). I'll preface this by saying I'm no fan of standard Booker's, ESPECIALLY at 59.99 around here. Cynicism aside in regards to some aspects of this release, I think this is VERY good bourbon. You can argue the price for a 10 year old bourbon, but as a limited edition, one time release, I can't complain. After tasting, I'm glad to have picked up a bottle.

(BTW, I got quote #9)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was offered one for under $100 so decided to give it a go. I believe it is #02 but don't remember the associated quote.
Was offered one for under $100 so decided to give it a go. I believe it is #02 but don't remember the associated quote.

Bookerism #2 seemed a bit anticlimactic.

"Bourbon is the American spirit, made in America, by Americans... now here's looking at ya!"

post-8493-14489820614708_thumb.jpg

Not all that "ism-y".

Picked up a couple of these today. One each from 2 different stores. They called me up and since I've passed on a bunch of other stuff they've called me on recently, I figured it's time to spend a little at both stores.

If you are looking in the DFW Area, The Little Elm Goody-Goody still has four left. (After I took two today).

If you are looking in the DFW Area, The Little Elm Goody-Goody still has four left. (After I took two today).

There were 4 left at the downtown Specs in Dallas. I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

A little out of the way, but the ABC store off South Main in Blacksburg, Va. had five bottles as of Thursday (well, they had six before my pops snagged one ...)

Just throwing this out there (again) but if you live in or around Atlanta I would be ever so grateful

If you wouldn't post exact bottle locations on parts of the site non-members can view. Things are hard enough to find as it is and keeping these bottles away from shelf clearing lurkers/flippers would be nice. Of course this isn't my site so you may reserve the right to tell me to F'off which is also appreciated if done in private :) as for bookers 25th, I got one and I can live with that.

That is all, carry on

Is 15 right on this site - "Hell I'd live in a Rack House if they let me" - never heard rack house, always thought it was rick house.

Oddly enough the technical name is rack house but the wooden structures within that hold the barrels are called ricks. Wooden ricks set up in racks.

Is 15 right on this site - "Hell I'd live in a Rack House if they let me" - never heard rack house, always thought it was rick house. But thinking like I do, I can picture a good rack house.

I think that's a Hefner qoute, not Booker Noe. :slappin:

Kevin I have been told to F off before I was a moderator for giving advice what to post and not to.

Edited by p_elliott

Just heard from a store that the reason we have not seen this at all in NY is because Southern Wine & Spirits incorrectly filed some paperwork regarding the proof?... anyway they are thinking within a week or 2 should be on shelves.

I was able to pick a bottle of this up yesterday.

Bookerism #1 yippee!

I've seen the same bottles sitting on the shelf here for a few weeks. They aren't moving at $125. Freaking ridiculous pricing

I've seen the same bottles sitting on the shelf here for a few weeks. They aren't moving at $125. Freaking ridiculous pricing

Same thing a little farther south than you, and going by the price you're quoting I'm sure we're talking about the same chain of stores, which is even more surprising since they're never above MSRP. Passing at that price. Buddy of mine was going to pick me up a bottle when they arrived, but when he told me the price over the phone it was an easy pass. I'd rather two bottles of the regular release Bookers and a bottle of beer. Or three bottles of KCSB.

I paid 100 bux for a bottle, figuring the reported additional age would deepen an already very nice pour.

Either my bottle was an aberration, or that hasn't happened. :skep:

It was little different (other than nearly double the price) from regular Booker's. :rolleyes:

Maybe a bit harsher, and hotter; just the barest hint of additional char. :bigeyes:

I'll bring it down to the Gazebo in a week and a half, maybe others will find something in it that I can't...?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.