Booker's 25th Anniversary

AaronWF
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

That is funny Tony.

Funny "ha ha"? , funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?

The 96 rating is even more remarkable if you consider that, of the George T. Stagg's, only the 2012 got above 95 (at 96) and the only 95s were 2011, 2010 and 2013. Rating numbers are hard to take seriously, but enough people have said enough good things about it that I am looking forward to trying it. Even the regular Booker's seems pretty good to me, and with everyone else trying to be more expensive, it is starting to seem like a better and better value.

It's been awhile since I had a regular Booker's, but to me, the 25th Anniversary is more like a royal OGD114 than a LE Booker's. I recall cloying corn syrup in Booker's; I get none of that in the 25th. I do get a magnification of the orange yeastiness that I get from OGD114 along with darker nut flavors. It's not a yeasty funk like in the JBW, it's more frothy, spicy and like orange sherbet soda. I'm a big fan.

Funny "ha ha"? , funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?

It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny

Glad to pick up a bottle today. Probably my last one. Was intrigued when I got home and saw it on the whisky advocate article.

Glad to pick up a bottle today. Probably my last one. Was intrigued when I got home and saw it on the whisky advocate article.

Seems like Texas is swimming in the stuff. A lot of you guys seeing it on the shelf pretty regularly it seems. It was scarce around here - wish I could have found a couple more bottles.

The 96 rating is even more remarkable if you consider that, of the George T. Stagg's, only the 2012 got above 95 (at 96) and the only 95s were 2011, 2010 and 2013. Rating numbers are hard to take seriously, but enough people have said enough good things about it that I am looking forward to trying it. Even the regular Booker's seems pretty good to me, and with everyone else trying to be more expensive, it is starting to seem like a better and better value.

To add

I think it is important to also understand what are the rater's preferences and does it matches yours. Over the years I learn how the raters' on that site taste preferences are and take their rating with that context in me.

Ultimately, it only suggest and your own taste will make the final decision how you like it.

Seems like Texas is swimming in the stuff. A lot of you guys seeing it on the shelf pretty regularly it seems. It was scarce around here - wish I could have found a couple more bottles.

Yeah, still seems relatively easy to find in Texas, if you know where to look.

Texas has loads of Bookers 25th and W12, apparently. It's just not fair.

I've found 3 ECBP in the past couple of months but no ETL comm here in Dallas.

• 1 month later...

I'll be opening my bottle for a very special occasion on July 31st (nicest bottle I own). Buzz seems to have died down on this one, but I am so damn excited.

Booker's 25th is a fantastic bourbon. I was really surprised by how good it was. It didn't seem to get the hype that some other releases have had, but it's worthy of it. It's a really special whiskey.

One of my dealers got one bottle and sold it for $199.00 within a week. Not getting it didn't bother me at all.

One of my dealers got one bottle and sold it for $199.00 within a week. Not getting it didn't bother me at all.

At that price I agree.

Yeah, the original $125 is already high. I happen to think it's worth the sticker, but I wouldn't go above. I had a similar thing happen to me with Four Roses Limited Edition a week or two ago. Found a store that had it for $200 and had to pass.

• 1 month later...

I opened my bottle in April when I bought it. Now that some air has gotten into the bottle, this stuff taste amazing. Im glad I have another bottle in the stash!!

Probably the most underrated release of the year,if it doesn't say Pappy or BTAC on the label it must not be any good........right?[emoji6] Regardless I'm glad I was able to but more than a few away for future enjoyment.24f2ba9c42354383fa38c4dec0811894.jpg

Probably the most underrated release of the year,if it doesn't say Pappy or BTAC on the label it must not be any good........right?[emoji6] Regardless I'm glad I was able to but more than a few away for future enjoyment.24f2ba9c42354383fa38c4dec0811894.jpg

I was offered it but regular Booker's doesn't move me. The right thing to do was to leave it for a Booker's lover. Based on the posts here they all found good homes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.