Booker's 25th Anniversary

AaronWF
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was offered it but regular Booker's doesn't move me. The right thing to do was to leave it for a Booker's lover. Based on the posts here they all found good homes.
I felt the same way. I didn't (and don't) have enough experience with regular Booker's to justify snapping up something a huge fan would treasure and enjoy properly. Hopefully the ones I passed up went to good homes.

I'll admit that I bought a few 25th Anniversary on release without ever having tried the regular. Afterwards though I did buy the regular to try and quickly came to love it. There is a richness to it that is almost unique which I always come back to. I'll probably pop my first 25th over the holidays.

Probably the most underrated release of the year,if it doesn't say Pappy or BTAC on the label it must not be any good........right?[emoji6] Regardless I'm glad I was able to but more than a few away for future enjoyment.24f2ba9c42354383fa38c4dec0811894.jpg

I managed to find one, and a generous member offered to pick it up and deliver it to Bardstown for me back in April so it could make the trip back to Australia. They didn't get released here, so I figure there's only a handful of them in the country. In hindsight, I should have tried to find 2 :)

Edited by camduncan

I was offered it but regular Booker's doesn't move me. The right thing to do was to leave it for a Booker's lover. Based on the posts here they all found good homes.

I had thought the same and further I had actually thought (still am) can't drink the regular stuff.

My contact got two and ask if I wanted them. I said no rather have someone who would appreciate it more.

Then he got one or two more, then ask again, and I bought it. Tried it at home and just loved it. I found I loved that burnt brownie flavor. Hahaha. End up buying, I think, nine total and cleared out 3-4 already.

This and ECBP, I would drink every day.

So again, I think this one is a try first no matter what.

Cheers

I had thought the same and further I had actually thought (still am) can't drink the regular stuff.

My contact got two and ask if I wanted them. I said no rather have someone who would appreciate it more.

Then he got one or two more, then ask again, and I bought it. Tried it at home and just loved it. I found I loved that burnt brownie flavor. Hahaha. End up buying, I think, nine total and cleared out 3-4 already.

This and ECBP, I would drink every day.

So again, I think this one is a try first no matter what.

Cheers

Wow! Just goes to show you never know. Need to ask my main dealer if he still has his $200 bottle. Not going to buy but you have made me curious.

Right there with most of these comments. I was hesitant at first as regular Booker's doesn't really wow me. ended up grabbing three at $79.00 each. Gave one to a friend, which we opened.

Immediately wished I'd kept it :lol:, but there were a lot on the shelves in DFW. when i finaly decided to bunker a few more, I found they had disappeared.

Right there with most of these comments. I was hesitant at first as regular Booker's doesn't really wow me. ended up grabbing three at $79.00 each. Gave one to a friend, which we opened.

Immediately wished I'd kept it :lol:, but there were a lot on the shelves in DFW. when i finaly decided to bunker a few more, I found they had disappeared.

That'll be a good reason to visit him. :)

I have two of these in the bunker awaiting the right time. Being a newb (still the case now, but especially so back when they came out) I had not had any experience with standard Booker's. A couple of reviews from people I trusted (as much as you can) led me to buy these. I did try it in a bar side by side with the standard and detected a difference. I'm currently sitting on the two 25th's while I work my way through a standard issue which I've come to like quite a bit. Once I'm satisfied that I know the standard issue well, I'll open one of the 25th's. What I am happy to report is that I've been coming into a place of really appreciating some of the Beam's, namely the standard Booker's and KCSB so I'm really looking forward to when the time is right to pop open one of these.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.