What beer are you drinking, Spring 14?

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

50/50 blend of Founder's Breakfast Stout and Founder's Rubaeus. I have wanted to try this for awhile and it does not disappoint.

50/50 blend of Founder's Breakfast Stout and Founder's Rubaeus. I have wanted to try this for awhile and it does not disappoint.
This sounds like a liquid torte of sorts.I will definitely have to give this a try sounds just crazy enough to be damned good.

Can't be any worse than the Rubaeus by itself.
Hey he could have said Cerise,trump that turd!

Can't be any worse than the Rubaeus by itself.
Hey he could have said Cerise,trump that turd!

I rather like Rubaeus on occasion and liked Cerise when you could still get it. Goes to show what I know I suppose...

Hey, lots of people obviously like it. More than likely I'm the idiot here. There. Everywhere.

Finishing up some end of the day details with a Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, as the weather turns blustery outside.

Drinking a Stone Go To IPA right now with an Avery Uncle Jacob sitting in the basement to cool down for later tonight. Yum...

Pretty Things Barbapapa RIS, because apparently winter ain't done w me yet. This is a big, bold, delicious stout.

8u5y2a9y.jpg

New Belgium La Folie 2012. A sour brown ale. Love this stuff.

Can't wait for NB to get here in May. Fat Tire isn't my favorite but we get asked for it daily.

Trader Joe's had Anchor Steam IPA on the shelves which is new to me, so I grabbed a six pack and was very pleased by the floral aroma and judicious use of bittering hops. Nice!

Stone Enjoy By 4/20: the first bottled Enjoy By release available in Maryland. Really outstanding beer. Nose is all bright, citrusy hops. Taste is all bitter hops and biscuits. It's very biscuity, but without the overwhelming malt sweetness you sometimes get. As it warms in the glass, I start to get some menthylated notes. The hops are really well integrated into this. I highly recommend to those who enjoy hops.

Opened a Cantillon Cuvée St-Gilloise. Waiting in it to warm up a bit.

The anticipation is killing me.

Enjoying a bottle of Nicsicko, a Montenegrin lager. Tastes similar to an American lager like Coors. I drank a lot of these while traveling in the Balkans a couple years ago, so when I saw it at BevMo, I had to pick it up. It's hitting the spot, but it's no Cantillon.

Opened a Cantillon Cuvée St-Gilloise. Waiting in it to warm up a bit.

The anticipation is killing me.

And??? Not real sure about the notion of a hopped gueze.

And where do you come by this unusual bad boy?

He runs a liquor store? :P

Seriously, have you been sitting on this awhile, Eric? Or can we be expecting more loons to drop in Lex soon?

Cantillon isn't on a traditional delivery schedule. They might get 3 or 4 cases every other month. So tracking its availability is impossible.

And I have had this bottle for a while. Bought it out of state.

It was fantastic, hops present on nose only.

You want a hopped gueze, try betelgeuze by mikkeller. That one is hoppy on nose, citric acid on palate.

I also drank a 2011 bells expedition. Some age really makes it drinkable. The rough edges are gone.

Been enjoying some Bell's Oberon that released for this year on Monday. Got a case Monday at Costco and then called around local bars until I found someone who had it on tap on Monday and went there and had some. The rest of this week the other bars are starting to get it and I am continuing to enjoy it and hoping it makes the snow go away.

Best regards, Tony

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!