What beer are you drinking, Spring 14?

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cantillon isn't on a traditional delivery schedule. They might get 3 or 4 cases every other month. So tracking its availability is impossible.

And I have had this bottle for a while. Bought it out of state.

It was fantastic, hops present on nose only.

You want a hopped gueze, try betelgeuze by mikkeller. That one is hoppy on nose, citric acid on palate.

Pretty sure I don't want a hopped gueze! Only time I get Cantillon is when I go to Brussels and drag it back home from the brewery. They didn't have any St. Gilloise when I was there last. I think I have one bottle of Cantillon left from my last trip in 2012.

I have never seen it on a shelf in Georgia (or anywhere else for that matter) so it has been carefully rationed!

Its all gueze. The hops are minimal to non existent. I wouldn't pass it up if you get a chance.

Depending on the hop profile I could see it being fantastic! I think I actually have one of these, but haven't tried it yet.

Yup.

ehevy5yg.jpg

Its all gueze. The hops are minimal to non existent. I wouldn't pass it up if you get a chance.

I would love to try one! Just have to find one...

Depending on the hop profile I could see it being fantastic! I think I actually have one of these, but haven't tried it yet.

Yup.

ehevy5yg.jpg

So, is Cantillon findable in KY? Never seen one but haven't always looked close and I expect it is the kind of thing that might be found behind the counter anyway.

Findable is probably overstating it. We get small shipments periodically, but it's generally gone same day. Right place right time, or be on really friendly terms with a shop.

Starting off with some Ballast Point Sculpin. Definitely one of my faves.

This is a favorite of mine as well. Can be annoying to find, but worth the effort.

It's a pizza and Hopslam night for me. Polishing off this bottle makes for one left in the bunker. Until next year, Hopslam! :)

Planning on bringing some Hopslam to the Sampler, Tyler. Look me up!

Having a Breckenridge 471 tonight, damn good beer. It's a double IPA, but this batch is pretty subdued. Not complaining, a nice combo of grapefruit with a little pineapple? Definitely not an in your face IPA. I'm heading back for more

Planning on bringing some Hopslam to the Sampler, Tyler. Look me up!

If only I knew where you were staying. :slappin:

I'm planning on bringing a variety of bombers that you are more than welcome to. Mostly BA stouts, but maybe a wild card or too. Get your glass ready!

Yup.

ehevy5yg.jpg

I see numerous Cantillon bottles in that picture.

Not drinking them yet but I picked up a couple of 4 paks today that I feel lucky to score.

From the Dark Horse Brewing Co of Marshall, MI I got both of their early year seasonals.

Double Crooked Tree IPA and Plead The 5th Imperial Stout.

Bought a six-pack of Schlafly's Bourbon Ale. Not bad stuff, and certainly better than that certain other Alltech offering.

The missus and I went to Hopcat tonight. I had a New Holland Dragon's Milk and Dark Horse Crooked Tree IPA. They have been serving $5 IPAs during the basketball tournament and they have had their own IPA tournament similar to the basketball tournament. They had 32 IPAs to start with but it has been narrowed down to two favorites - Dark Horse Crooked Tree and Perrin's IPA. I will be shocked if DH Crooked Tree doesn't win.

Not drinking them yet but I picked up a couple of 4 paks today that I feel lucky to score.

From the Dark Horse Brewing Co of Marshall, MI I got both of their early year seasonals.

I got some of those this month as well Oscar, good stuff. Yesterday went with Bell's Hopslam.

Best regards, Tony

The missus and I went to Hopcat tonight. I had a New Holland Dragon's Milk and Dark Horse Crooked Tree IPA. They have been serving $5 IPAs during the basketball tournament and they have had their own IPA tournament similar to the basketball tournament. They had 32 IPAs to start with but it has been narrowed down to two favorites - Dark Horse Crooked Tree and Perrin's IPA. I will be shocked if DH Crooked Tree doesn't win.

Hopcat is in East Lansing, isn't it?

The IPA bracket sounds like fun.

Sparty on!!!!

I got some of those this month as well Oscar, good stuff. Yesterday went with Bell's Hopslam.

Best regards, Tony

Very good but pricey.

My two 4-paks were a little over 32 bucks.

Ok, here goes the Dark Horse.

I had some Plead The 5th Imperial Stout last night.

Loaded with coffee (not as strong as Founder's Breakfast Stout) and chocolate.

A very pleasant sweetness that is perfect for after dinner.

ABV 11% but you'd have never guessed it was that high.

rsz_beer_004_zpsffb08c55.jpg

Having some Double Crooked Tree IPA while preparing the grill and the ribs for this afternoon.

This comes in at 12% ABV and again you'd never know.

All ingrediants were doubled except the water.

Light grapefruit and other citrus on the nose.

Mild lemon/orange peel taste, another winner.

rsz_beer_012_zpsee971d8f.jpg

Hopcat is in East Lansing, isn't it?

The IPA bracket sounds like fun.

Sparty on!!!!

Yes, the Hopcat I went to last night is in East Lansing. It is the second one established. The first one is in downtown Grand Rapids next to Van Andel Arena. They are putting up a third Hopcat in Detroit now. I think it will be ready in August? Each place is definitely work looking for if you are ever in those areas. Check out their websites - their taplists are outstanding.

And Dark Horse is kicking ass and taking names, aren't they? Everything they make is killer. I really want to try their barrel aged Plead the Fifth. I think you can try it if you go to their brewery and pay a little extra to be seated in some kind of VIP area.

West 6th IPA sittin' out front on a stunningly beautiful early Spring afternoon.

Popped my Pliny the Elder cherry. It's a plenty good beer, but couldn't possibly live up to its reputation, hype. Still, glad to have had the chance.

Sean, thought you were saving that one for April? :grin:

Thought I'd have a chance to try a Double Crooked Tree last night (store only had a single bottle that I bought), but had a few friends over last night and someone helped themselves to it before I noticed what they had grabbed. Had to resort to a Chillwave instead. Something tells me this is going to be a staple beer in my house come summer.

I've got another I can bring if you've never tried it, Tyler.

ETA: and if you plan on that Chillwave being a staple you'd better stock up now! It's a seasonal release.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!