What beer are you drinking, Spring 14?

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had an Arctic Panzer Wolf last night. I needed a break from bourbon and that filled in nicely.

Had a Budweiser draft at a baseball game simply because it was half price.

Had a Budweiser draft at a baseball game simply because it was half price.
And you still paid $6. Bummer!:lol:

I had an Arctic Panzer Wolf last night. I needed a break from bourbon and that filled in nicely.

Tasty stuff! I love that one and the Dreadnaught.

The misses and I split a Pipeworks Nagami Equinox last night with dinner.

My sister was kind to gift this one to me. Not sure if it's still around, but I'd certainly buy a bottle or six of this to drink.

Really nice beer.

B

Stone Go To IPA. More flavor than most session beers, but still not sure why session beers. Think ill just pound some Radlers if I want tasty low ABV pours from here on out.

Having a well deserved Zombie Dust after mowing the lawn.

The missus and I are both having a Founder's Rubaeus tonight. It's the only beer she will drink.

I also had the good fortune to visit Perrin's in Grand Rapids on Thursday. I had a glass of their bourbon barrel aged Malted Milk Ball Porter and it was every bit as delicious as I remember it to be. I rate this beer right up there will KBS, Bell's Black Note and Bourbon County Stout. I left there with a growler and howler of the Malted Milk Ball Porter and buried them deep in my cellar.

Stella Artois from a can. Nothing special. But after watching HBO's True Detective I suddenly want to carve stick figures out of the empty cans.

Sam Adams Baltic IPA after I found it on a clearance shelf at half price. Picked up a few bombers and it's as good as I remembered it to be, though a bit heavy now that the warm weather has arrived.

Having a well deserved Zombie Dust after mowing the lawn.

The Z Dust really hits the spot, eh? We went on a Three Floyds kick last week with tons of Z Dust, Alpha King, Gumballhead and Pride & Joy, all excellent though the last was my least favorite if I had to rank them.

The Z Dust really hits the spot, eh? We went on a Three Floyds kick last week with tons of Z Dust, Alpha King, Gumballhead and Pride & Joy, all excellent though the last was my least favorite if I had to rank them.

ZD is the clear winner for me. GBH would be second. I wish I could say I went on a kick and drank tons of ZD. It's a miracle to find any down here. A coworker was traveling and picked these up for me in Munster.

MrsMosugoji and I met a friend at San Tan Brewery in Chandler Friday night. Their Moon Juice Wheat IPA was delicious. Followed that with a Hop Shock IPA that was good as well, but I kept thinking back to the Moon Juice. Would love to go back for a growler but it would be hard to justify given the amount of beer I've stockpiled lately!

ZD is the clear winner for me. GBH would be second. I wish I could say I went on a kick and drank tons of ZD. It's a miracle to find any down here. A coworker was traveling and picked these up for me in Munster.
Some of these are readily available around here, others are not. Like you, I have a friend who works in Indiana from time to time who picks the stuff up for me when he passes the brewery and/or liquor stores in the Munster area. He and I are now whipping up batches of homebrew and have had our hand at a Zombie Dust clone that gave a pretty fair approximation of the real thing, so that has carried us through ZD droughts when the stuff just can't be found.

An impromptu beer tasting last night with a few friends included a diverse group of beers.

post-8493-14489820862438_thumb.jpg

A growler of a Terrapin/Starr Hill collaboration called GAVA Joe. A pretty strong coffee stout that was OK although coffee is not my favorite flavor profile as a non-coffee drinker

Terrapin Moonray - a chocolate orange Weizenbock that was a bit odd and a little disappointing. Almost an odd slightly sour note crossed with root beer and flamed orange peel!

Bell's Smitten Golden Rye - Pleasant light mildly bitter rye ale

Uinta's Cockeyed Copoper Barrel Aged Barley wine - Had been on the shelf a year or more and had developed a nice caramel note

New Holland Black Tulip American Trippel - A nicely done American version

Iqhilika South African Coffee flavored mead - seemed out of balance with sweetness overwhelmed by acidity and little coffee flavor to me

Bell's Hopslam 2014 vs 2013 - 2013 won (not a very "hoppy" crowd) but the 2014 is already starting to tone down the hoppiness a bit.

Brooklyn Black Ops from 2011 - A beautiful rich port like stout. Seems like this really likes a bit of age.

Bruery Smoking Wood barrel aged smoked porter - A real classic, always excellent to me

Portland Beer Week India Wild Ale from Breakside Brewery along with Gigantic - Might have been past its prime. Not very noteworthy.

Gigantic Too Much Coffee Man which didn't have that much of a coffee note or anything else to me especially compared to the Terrapin GAVA man.

post-8493-14489820862438_thumb.jpg

I met up with MyOldKyDram and had some Prairie Bible Belt on tap tonight. Pretty tasty stuff, and I had a great time catching up with Sean and Kristin.

Great sharing a few beers w ya last night!

Tonight it's a Hanssens Oude Gueuze, and a New Day Breakfast Magpie Mead. It's a honey, black raspberry wine, w coffee added and it is amazeballs. Hope against hope to find more in Indy this weekend.

a6yvunyd.jpgju2egumy.jpg

Great sharing a few beers w ya last night!

Tonight it's a Hanssens Oude Gueuze, and a New Day Breakfast Magpie Mead. It's a honey, black raspberry wine, w coffee added and it is amazeballs. Hope against hope to find more in Indy this weekend.

Sean, FYI New Day has a tasting room in Fountain Square. May find some rarities for purchase there. If you need info PM me.

We've been there before Eric and I'm sure we will make our way there again this weekend!

If you have time, stop in at the Thunderbird, new joint that just opened a block south of New Day on Shelby. Craft cocktails and southern cooking with a twist.

You guys are pissing me off! I grew up pretty close to Fountain Square. I went to St. Patrick's church as a kid. I live in Hendricks County but I rarely get over to Fountain Square. Sean, what brings you to Indy?

AtG Fruitis the Farmer Beescake, a melon saison finished w brettanomyces. The funk is largely on point, though it could probably benefit from a lil aging as there's not much melon flavor anyhow. Bitter, peppery finish.

a2e3ajap.jpg

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!