Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?-Spring 2014

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Couldn't pass up a Yamazaki 18 @ $109.99. I figured it may be my last chance to grab one at a price I can somewhat afford

Couldn't pass up a Yamazaki 18 @ $109.99. I figured it may be my last chance to grab one at a price I can somewhat afford

Amazing price, it's regularly $175+ where I live and a couple of months ago Costco had it for $145 and it sold out in just two days.

I found 2 bottles of Springbank Single Cask 12 y/o aged in Cream Sherry butts, distilled June 1996, bottled April 2009. And 1 bottle of Springbank 12 y/o Claret finish (9 years in refill bourbon casks and 3 years in fresh Claret casks). Sorry for the double picture! At any rate, I have had the Cream Sherry aged Springbank, and it's great. I was lucky to find 2 additional bottles.

post-11331-14489821495192_thumb.jpgpost-11331-14489821495192_thumb.jpg

Nice find on these. These older springbank are a taste of the past.

I found 2 bottles of Springbank Single Cask 12 y/o aged in Cream Sherry butts, distilled June 1996, bottled April 2009. And 1 bottle of Springbank 12 y/o Claret finish (9 years in refill bourbon casks and 3 years in fresh Claret casks). Sorry for the double picture! At any rate, I have had the Cream Sherry aged Springbank, and it's great. I was lucky to find 2 additional bottles.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19433[/ATTACH]

Oh man I'm jealous. I've been trying to beef up my springbank selection as of late and there is just not much out here in WA. One local store did tell me they had a Fino cask 14 year, but that was it. I've seen nothing from older than that :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19433[/ATTACH]

Stopped by a place today that had Amrut and Amrut Fusion in 50mL bottles, so I picked up one of each to give it a try.

I picked up another Compass Box Great King Street New York Blend the other day. I lurrrrrrve that stuff and cannot have enough of it. I can't believe it's still around.

Ardbeg Corryvreckan jumped in the cart as a self-gifted birthday present. Looking forward to trying it.

Picked up a few interesting bottles while traveling in the EU:

Kavalan Solist Sherry Cask Strength for LMdW

Bowmore 22 year 1990/2013 PX Sherry Finish from Wilson & Morgan

Tormore 1988/2012 Sherry butt from Malts of Scotland

Octomore 6.2 from Schipol Airport

I was lucky enough to try samples of the first three before making my decision. it seems the whisky shops abroad are so much better about keeping sample bottles around.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!