What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Upset that I spent a bunch of gas to try to secure a bottle of FRSB2014 unsuccessfully, I am now sipping on a 53% barrel proof OBSK and it is making me feel much, much better.

Having my first pour of Barterhouse now. So far I am liking the first few sips well enough that I'm glad I came home with 2 bottles today.

Upset that I spent a bunch of gas to try to secure a bottle of FRSB2014 unsuccessfully, I am now sipping on a 53% barrel proof OBSK and it is making me feel much, much better.

Where do you live?

Enjoying some Knob Creek tonight. Of course, a regular for me, but tasty as always.

A little Bookers 13-6 followed by some SB blend that has been mingling for a couple of months now.

Having my first pour of Barterhouse now. So far I am liking the first few sips well enough that I'm glad I came home with 2 bottles today.

Having a second pour now. A pretty good pour indeed.

I tried a pour of stranahans last night that my friend bought when visiting the distillery a couple years ago. I enjoyed it, but it tastes more like a single malt scotch to me. Very good though. Just wasn't what I was expecting.

Enjoyed some Wild Turkey Rare Breed last night, followed up by a healthy pour of Old Grand Dad 114.

I didn't think the Rare Breed was my thing when I first opened it a while back, but every time I come back to it I'm liking it more and more

Had some OGD114 last night myself, followed by some JPS21, and a bit of Sinatra. Think I enjoyed the OGD most of all.

Met a few guys who were eager to learn more about our local whiskey club. Well intentioned guys, who enjoy a good pour, but are really starting from square one in terms of experience. Nothing wrong with that at all, kinda refreshing to drink with some enthusiastic guys who consider Four Roses Small Batch and Knob Creek Single Barrel the good stuff. We shared some FRSmB, which tasted mighty fine I should add, and I invited them to come drink with the AWS sometime. Went home and poured some PHC4 before bed. That stuff is just gold for me. Thanks to Gary for getting my first taste, and to Tyler for stoking the fire.

I tried a pour of stranahans last night that my friend bought when visiting the distillery a couple years ago. I enjoyed it, but it tastes more like a single malt scotch to me. Very good though. Just wasn't what I was expecting.

50/50 blend of 2014 bottlings of Michter's 10 yr bourbon and rye.

Think I'm going to go 65% rye and 35% bourbon and let it get happy for awhile. Really not too excited about the bourbon by itself as most are.

Gary, joining you on the FR barrel proof train. Mine is 10yr 8 mo OBSF at 124.5 proof.

Gary, joining you on the FR barrel proof train. Mine is 10yr 8 mo OBSF at 124.5 proof.

I started with a 9 yr, 11 mo 110.6 proof OBSV, but switched cars to a 10yr, 9mo OBSK at 121.6 proof. Not because the first wasn't doing it for me (the notes on the label are spot on - dusty dark chocolate powder, delicious!) But wanting to savor that bottle a bit longer, where expecting some OBSK shortly. Hard to go wrong with any barrel proof FRSB, at least from those I've tried!

Starting the evening off with a nice pour of Stagg, Jr. Too much heat for me so some water tames it.

Henry McKenna 10 yr BiB ... when these bottles are on, they are on.

10 years seems to be a sweet spot for HH. I'll take a HMcK over an EC12 9 out of 10 times, and I like EC12.

Hard to go wrong with any barrel proof FRSB, at least from those I've tried!

Agreed. Probably the most consistent winners of any single barrel line. Maybe WFE gives them a run but not many contenders in the barrel proof single barrel game.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!