What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Working through the second liter of W12 that I got all worked up over because it had the embossed wheat.

A good way to be wrong...

tbt

Cracked open a 2008 WLW just because, and it didn't disappoint. It has a nice rich cinnamon flavor and doesn't drink it's proof at all. I tasted it back to back with this years PVW 15 and the WLW beats it.

Had some EC12 watching the US game on delay, now I've moved on to a 9 year, 9 month PS OESV. The EC is good, but there's just no beating Four Roses private selections.

Double pour of ECBP. Nice

Then now on a decent pour of 4RSBLE14 and at half bottle still can't get into it. Still too much pepper.

Drinking some GTS 2012 yummy

I had a little dram of mine tonight as well, BevMo 10 year 8 month OBSK. Something special. My first Private Selection, but I love this recipe.

Liquor Barn OBSK. 11 years 6 months. Wish I would have bought more than one.

I really like EC12, but similar to the SB blend, I love EC12/ECBP in the exact same ratio. EC blended between 110 and 115 is awesome!

Agreed broo. I did this vatting a couple months ago. Poured whole bottles of EC12 and ECBP into a family sized bottle. The proof came out to 115.5. My price for a 750ml came to $32.

HMcKBIB, the last two bottles were just meh but this one is something special. Really very delicious, every sip was better than the one before.

Old Forester 100. Wasnt anything special, but just a simple straightforward glass of bourbon. First pour of it, and I dont regret picking this bottle up at all.

Tasted through some mingles of EC18/ECBP (4:1 and 2:1, both heavier on the 18), and GBS EC12/ECBP (50/50). Preferred the GBS EC12 (more like EC14) at 50:50 over the other two, and oddly enough the second place finisher was the 4:1. None of them blew me out of the water enough to make a batch from though, but all enjoyable.

Tasted through some mingles of EC18/ECBP (4:1 and 2:1, both heavier on the 18), and GBS EC12/ECBP (50/50). Preferred the GBS EC12 (more like EC14) at 50:50 over the other two, and oddly enough the second place finisher was the 4:1. None of them blew me out of the water enough to make a batch from though, but all enjoyable.

Starting this 5 day weekend off right with some EC12... really enjoy this stuff.

2810D91A-EE89-49B5-9CD1-094CB09025D0.jpg

Blanton's Gold. Purchased in St. Croix, USVI, this past January. Just now getting around to it. Nice, really nice. At 103 proof kinda similar to RHF, but smoother. The softness of this, at 103 proof, is hard to believe. A shame this is not offered in the CONUS.

Relaxing tonight with a big pour of ORVW 10/107 before I go into the store for one more day tomorrow. One more day... then Friday, Saturday and Sunday off!

Just got into the SAOS 7 I bought today. Been a fan of the 10yr but I think I may actually like the 7 more! Poured a dram, let it sit about 15 minutes and bam, delicious! Great spice notes, very silky. I am actually a little surprised, happily surprised that is.

Some 4R PS OESV, 12 years, 2 months. Finished it off with a nice pour.

Best bourbon in awhile, and it had little to do with the bourbon. I just needed to unwind and relax. I put my 2 girls to bed, waited 30 min to make sure they were asleep, and then I poured a hefty 4 oz of stagg jr with 2 one oz cubes. Put on my favorite album and retired to the back patio. I missed the sunset but got to enjoy a cool 82 degree Florida summer night. I just sat and looked at my sunflowers, lemon-lime tree, a slight breeze, and the crescent moon that was out tonight. Bats chasing mosquitos and the sound of cicadas mixed with my music. Bold flavors and relaxation. hot damn that was a great evening by myself and was able to think about and enjoy every sip. I wish all of you a chance, soon, to have an evening like I did tonight.

Jon

Best bourbon in awhile, and it had little to do with the bourbon. I just needed to unwind and relax. I put my 2 girls to bed, waited 30 min to make sure they were asleep, and then I poured a hefty 4 oz of stagg jr with 2 one oz cubes. Put on my favorite album and retired to the back patio. I missed the sunset but got to enjoy a cool 82 degree Florida summer night. I just sat and looked at my sunflowers, lemon-lime tree, a slight breeze, and the crescent moon that was out tonight. Bats chasing mosquitos and the sound of cicadas mixed with my music. Bold flavors and relaxation. hot damn that was a great evening by myself and was able to think about and enjoy every sip. I wish all of you a chance, soon, to have an evening like I did tonight.

Jon

A pour of the Woodford Double Oaked. I like it ok...not mindblowing, but not terrible. Looking forward to the weekend.

Heading out to spend the holiday weekend at the girlfriend's family's place. They don't drink, so I guess I should make tonight count. WLW '12 fits the bill nicely.

Did a little car shopping after work, then kicked back with a little of the Devil's ECBP.

Getting hot in TX, so added an ice ball. Nice end to the day...

Elijah Craig in the glass and "Solomon Kane" on Netflix. The bourbon is as wonderful as the movie is awful; very

Heading out to spend the holiday weekend at the girlfriend's family's place. They don't drink, so I guess I should make tonight count. WLW '12 fits the bill nicely.

Flasks were made for moments like these. Do not go into the holiday weekend empty handed.

On topic, I started out with some 4R Small Batch. Now I'm onto the ever reliable OGD 114. It's a good Wednesday night.

The final pour of Larceny from this bottle with a couple of cubes while I'm doing some studying and reading.

This is an amazingly good summer bourbon. Replacement bottle will be picked up while I'm out on errands tomorrow, because I don't want to be caught without it for the weekend barbecuing.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!