What beer are you drinking Summer 2014

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Arcadia "Sky High Rye". Plenty of IBU's and some spice from the rye. I like it.

post-9650-14489821071145_thumb.jpg

post-9650-14489821071145_thumb.jpg

Kicking back with an "Atlantarctica" which is a bit of a cheeky name for an odd but interesting mishmash called a Belgian Tripel White IPA from a couple of home brewing friends (they call themselves "The Mostly Harmless Brewing Company" and I have no idea what the picture is in their logo) who made this last March after the "snowmeggedon" in Atlanta this past February. It is at 8.5% and 60 IBU's. The color is a bit dark for a tripel apparently because of the type of hops used (I have long forgotten what the hops are).

Pretty good! At this point the hops have faded a bit which is OK by me.

post-8493-14489821072405_thumb.jpg

If you look carefully at the label you can see SmokinJoe calling to his good buddy the Big Chicken to protect him from the AT-AT Walker that apparently wandered off from the battle of Hoth and chased him while he was out walking the goat (which only looks like a polar bear because it is covered in snow!).

post-8493-14489821071749_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489821071973_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489821072188_thumb.jpg

Just finished a good run as my prep for The Peachtree on July 4th nears it's end. So, plopping down with a good run appropriate GL Rye of the Tiger. Rye of the Tiger, Rock...Rye of the Tiger...will be my mantra on Friday morning, and my reward afterwards. :D

MyOldKyDram with the hookup! Drinking great on a warm summer night.

tebamaha.jpg

My first Flemish Sour at a local restaurant today. No idea what took me so long to try this style. Holy Smokes was it an eye opener! Cuvée des Jacobines. Bought a four pack on the way home. Have a baaaaaaaad feeling another obsessive/compulsive rabbit hole just opened up:grin:

Accidentally posted in the Spring '14 thread!

Having a couple of Deschutes Inversion IPA's tonight. My 3-day weekend officially started at 4:23PM today! Don't have to go back to that place until Monday.

Hell or High Watermelon to start the holiday weekend.

Tomorrow will be a good beer day:

Commercial Suicide

Das Wunderkind!

Space Cake

...are chilling in fridge as we speak...

Terrapin Liquid Bliss and Wicked Weed Black Angel last night. Very good, both.

Been drinking Cigar City Jai Alai IPA and Invasion Pale Ale down here in FL for the week. Nice offerings! The Invasion has hops on the nose with a mellow body that's great for session drinking. The Jai Alai is more chunky with lots of grapefruit, but still finishes clean.

Started with a DFH 60 min IPA with lunch then moved to some Flying Dog In Heat Wheat while watching the Brazil - Columbia match. Got a few IPA's setup for a buddy's 4th party (with lots of fireworks to launch too!)

Welcome to the Jungle! Sun King Grapefruit Jungle IPA that is.

post-9650-14489821094607_thumb.jpg

Edited by Old Dusty

Out back listening to Braves on the radio, while Independence Day fireworks explode all around me with a Terrapin Maggie's Peach Farmhouse Ale. Beer, Georgia, July 4th, and Peaches...what's not to Love?

:toast:

Watching Costa Rica v Netherlands with a can of Flying Dog Underdog.

Havin' a few Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale's after mowing the grass. Pretty decent beer. But frankly I want some more hops in my brew tonight. Gonna have to switch over to West Sixth's IPA here soon.

Visited Perennial mid-afternoon and had a Woodside (wow!) and Saison de Lis (always solid). Closing the night out with an Evil Twin Epiloge. Wine-barrel aged version of Monk Suffers Serious Sugar Rush On Barbados. Very carbonated, head was light in color and texture (it fizzed!) and disappeared quickly. Strong fruit flavors but a fairly dry finish. Color is typical for a belgian strong, but the carbonation is what really makes this unusual. Very tasty beer - it's something interesting and would recommend it to those that like Belgian's as something to try. As with most Evil Twin beers, it ain't cheap and for that reason probably won't find it's way back in my fridge.

Hopslam, enough said.

can't believe you still have some left. really limited this year. it was good!

a605b383-f7ae-49ad-8b66-d05858b62079_zps23881aaa.jpg

been enjoying this

77d15090-4d9e-43ec-826c-5ffe36d0ee15_zps3f8969b0.jpg

and (not so limited this year)

83ba28cc-3cd1-428d-be43-479f18451943_zps3019b13a.jpg

Been drinking some Founders All Day IPA for the last couple of days. I'm back home so some good bourbon is in order for tonight.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.