What beer are you drinking Summer 2014

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some of the beers we worked through over the arduous 4th of July afternoon. More like September than July. Won't last but sure nice while it was here. I think the Mexican Cake was probably the highlight of the evening although there were many good options. The Indulgence from Wicked Weed and the Boulevard Love Child #4 were also good.

post-8493-14489821128242_thumb.jpeg

I think the Mexican Cake was probably the highlight of the evening.

I had some of the Mexican Cake on draft yesterday in a bar in Charleston. Good stuff.

I know I'm late to the party, but I recently bought a case of Flat Tire, and I'm really enjoying it. Full flavor and body, but without excessive hops.

Tim

Opened a Widmer Citra Blonde while sitting outside and grilling lunch. Nice summer ale.

Euro Pale Lager from Polish Brewer Okocim. Nice clean drinker.

Friend joined me for the evening and we've got some potatoes and strip steaks on the grill and a Stone Enjoy By while we're cooking. Got a DFH Red and White ready for dinner and some SAOS 8 year store pick for desert. Mmmmm, summer nights ...

Leinenkugel's Canoe Paddler drank smoothly with a few homemade bloody Mary's today.

New Belgium's Rampant IPA has really been hitting the spot lately. Nice and creamy, reminds me of Avery's IPA. Also had a Wipeout by Port Brewing which had a nice kick to it.

A fantabulous Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster Imperial IPA last night at dinner while on biz in Ahiya. Paired with a Tuscan style salmon, and it worked wonderfully.

Tonight back home, relaxing with a local Red Hare Long Day Lager, before a nip of bourbon and then beddy-bye..

Had a Sun King Grapefruit Jungle tonight followed by a Zombie Dust. Great Indiana beers.

Second one of these in the last few days. La Socarrada Spanish ale brewed with rosemary and rosemary honey. Proving to be quite a pleasant summer time beer.

post-8493-14489821156917_thumb.jpg

Enjoying one of my favorite beers, Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier, as the Sun comes crashing through after a nice 2 hour thunderstorm. This will cut through the Southern humidity! Now, prepping up before I go take money from some of my fellow GBSer's in poker! :lol:

Having a Westbrook One Claw Rye Pale Ale on my buddy's back porch waiting for him to get home. I really like this brewery.

Enjoying one of my favorite beers, Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier, as the Sun comes crashing through after a nice 2 hour thunderstorm. This will cut through the Southern humidity! Now, prepping up before I go take money from some of my fellow GBSer's in poker! :lol:
Love the White Thai.

Chillwave that's 2 months past its drink by date.....hasn't lost a thing and still my favorite IPA from this year

I'm enjoying the first evening of my 17 day vacation. Nothing says I'm quietly reveling in my own success like a Founder's KBS. Absolutely delicious.

Chillwave that's 2 months past its drink by date.....hasn't lost a thing and still my favorite IPA from this year

Ironic that most IPAs have a very short recommended shelf-life isn't it? They were originally created to stay fresh longer than most other beers.

Personally, anything ~9% ABV and up can stay in my fridge as long as I want it to and I've never had a problem with a beer going "south." I've kept a Double Dog up to a couple of years and it still tasted good.

...having a Founder's Double Trouble.

Hell or High Watermelon to start the holiday weekend.

Hey Scott just curious, did any beer get drank in Cleveland last night?

Hey Scott just curious, did any beer get drank in Cleveland last night?

I'm sure there were parties all over town but I wasn't involved. [emoji2]

I had a couple more Watermelon beers last night to cut the mental sludge from the workweek. Great summer refresher.

Hopslam, because it is a damn great beer. Maybe not over a year but I can surely drink it for a year after it comes out if I am smart and stock up.

Best regards, Tony

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.