What beer are you drinking Summer 2014

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Arcadia Whitsun Ale, wheat ale brewed with orange peel and coriander.

I like it so much I wish they had a version minus the coriander.

Victory Dirt Wolf along with a Black Pearl Morado after mowing the yard this afternoon. Since my wife says there's too much beer in the fridge, I'll probably have to have another with supper

Having a New Holland Dragon's Milk Reserve with toasted chiles. A lot more burn on this one than the Prairie Bomb! but still very drinkable.

Still really enjoying the La Socarrada rosemary and rosemary honey beer from Spain. Perhaps the best hot weather beer I have tried in a while. Bought more today!

Brooklyn Pilsner and some Stone Go to IPA. Both worthy of another purchase.

Sitting in a World of Beers trying a local brew called Pensacola Bay Riptide Amber while the wife shops downtown.

Enough whiskey for me , tonight. Settling in to Braves on the radio with a Hopslam.

Hit West 6th this afternoon to check out Smithtown Seafood and, of course, see what was on tap. Ended up with a flight of West Sixth IPA, Deliberation Amber, Lemongrass American Wheat, Smithtown Brown Ale, and last but not least Pay it forward Cocoa Porter. Also tried the non alcoholic lemon infused ginger ale that is made in house.

We then strolled over to County Club for a taste of their sausage of the day (lamb) and a few more crafts of non-local origin. Yes, a pretty good afternoon!:drink:

Wow Bruce you burned through those! I've only had three, and the only one I would consider a standout is the Ballast Point Electric Ray IPL. The Asheville Tater Ridge was fine but I couldn't find the smallest hint of sweet potatoes. And the FFF Chico King was indeed Bore Camp. Still, looking forward to the rest.

Yeah I did and yes it was largely meh. Beyond the ones I originally mentioned I also liked the Rye Bock, the Maillards Odyssey, and the Latte. Few others were okay. Many were just meh. Still, it wasn't a great investment and am glad to have tried some things from people we don't get around here.

Yeah I did and yes it was largely meh. Beyond the ones I originally mentioned I also liked the Rye Bock, the Maillards Odyssey, and the Latte. Few others were okay. Many were just meh. Still, it wasn't a great investment and am glad to have tried some things from people we don't get around here.
Edited by tanstaafl2

This is the beer of the summer for me. Such a perfect balance of sweet and sour, tart and fruity with a perfect dryness that leaves your palate clean. I can't get enough of it.

u4e5ysuq.jpg

Aaron, I have been wanting to get my hands on anything from New Glarus. I just haven't found a mule yet who can bring it to me. Have you had any other beers from New Glarus?

Went to a Lagunitas tasting tonight. Not too bad. :rolleyes: About halfway through the evening, I had to whet my bourbon appetite though. I ordered a pour of LotB. :drinking:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.