Maker's Mark Cask Strength

joboyd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Greatgoo, mind sharing the price on that? I am a huge fan of the MMCS and a 750ml size is awesome.

$60 out the door.

A interesting discovery at lunch today. I heard that MM was going to begin producing their CS in 750ml bottles, but hadn't seen one in person or on the Internet. Maybe I missed? Bottle says it's batch 15-2.

What was batch 15-1? The 375mL size still?

This is the first I've heard of the 750s being out as well.

Neither of my dealers ever receieved a 375 but now both are telling me they are expecting this sometime this month.

I wonder what size it will be. I have to purchase at least one for sceintific reasons.

What was batch 15-1? The 375mL size still?

This is the first I've heard of the 750s being out as well.

Good question. I'm not sure. I think the 375ml bottles were like 14-1.

Interesting they are using the old Booker's style numbering system. Oughta consider going with the new named batch idea. First could be called something like "Casked and Answered" or "Age is Just a Number...that We Don't Reveal."

Good question. I'm not sure. I think the 375ml bottles were like 14-1.

Yea, my 375s have been batches 14-1 and 14-2. I have never seen a 15-1.

Interesting they are using the old Booker's style numbering system. Oughta consider going with the new named batch idea. First could be called something like "Casked and Answered" or "Age is Just a Number...that We Don't Reveal."

What were the 375s selling for in your area?

Never saw the 375ml in Ohio. Owner of the store said a customer requested the cask strength a few months ago and this is what a arrived.

Ohio is state controlled. We get very little, if any of the limited releases that come out. However, any bottles that come in are set at msrp.

Excited for the 750ml if it ends up in Chicago. $60 is fair for this one and I will no doubt be a buyer.

Is it possible that MM introduced the 375 as a test before going all out with the 750 nationwide?

I saw several of the 750s on a shelf at a retail store in Northern Kentucky this morning. First time I saw the 750. Price was $59.99.

I saw several of the 750s on a shelf at a retail store in Northern Kentucky this morning. First time I saw the 750. Price was $59.99.

Nice reporting U! Interesting turn of events with MM since their lowering the proof debacle.

Is it possible that MM introduced the 375 as a test before going all out with the 750 nationwide?

Ding Ding Ding. it would appear so

More money too, it's not like Makers has a limited supply that can be bottled at cask strength.

More money too, it's not like Makers has a limited supply that can be bottled at cask strength.
Heck, they can probably use the "shortage" caused by allocating bourbon to the CS release to justify increased prices for the regular and the 46.

Everyone is so busy snapping up LEs right now that they won't bother to notice that it costs about 2-3x what OWA does. Personally, I hope MM continues to put these out in 375s. A total cost of $35 or less is acceptable as a one time purchase to see if I like something, but $60+ is outside my comfort zone with MM.

I just saw this today for the first time in several months. It was 39.99 for the 375

I saw the the 750 for the first time in while traveling in Oklahoma this week. Can't remember the exact price, but it did seem to be a volume discount, i.e a few bucks cheaper for the 750 than for 2 375s.

Picked up a 750 for $56 or so. I'm not a big fan of MM but this is a notably different taste. The musty barrel notes come through a lot stronger and my bottle at 112 isn't too hot. While it won't beat Booker's for sheer flavor and value, I'm still considering going back for another bottle.

Was in Louisville this weekend. All the Liquor Barns had 750's for $62.99 Most also had the last release in 375's for $40.99. Picked up a 375 to give it a try with my brother while watching UK lose. Better than regular MM, but I won't be getting a 750.

One of the larger chains in Indy is advertising the 750s for $64.99. This is a little disappointing since there are still some 375s floating around for $29.99.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.