Btac 2014

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just noticed I received an email from Bevmo. Looks like they are changing up how these are being distributed.

How are they changing it?

A local Bevmo manager said he is not getting any allocation of BTAC or ORVW products. They are a small store so I expected it. The email stated that only 1% of ClubBev! members will receive an email that will allow them to place an order for a bottle. No specific time of when the email will go out. And no specific statement on bottle limit, but it does say you can secure a bottle. I guess my various spending with them from beer, wine, bubbles for my wedding paid off with a chance to score a BTAC bottle from them. Love the 5 cent wine sales. The 20% off coupon helped my account spend as well.

I'm guessing flagship stores may still get some bottles in to be placed on the shelf.

Negative. I don't spend enough at bevmo to be considered (doesn't help that my usual stores are 10-30% cheaper than bevmo for liquor)

A local Bevmo manager said he is not getting any allocation of BTAC or ORVW products. They are a small store so I expected it. The email stated that only 1% of ClubBev! members will receive an email that will allow them to place an order for a bottle. No specific time of when the email will go out. And no specific statement on bottle limit, but it does say you can secure a bottle. I guess my various spending with them from beer, wine, bubbles for my wedding paid off with a chance to score a BTAC bottle from them. Love the 5 cent wine sales. The 20% off coupon helped my account spend as well.

I'm guessing flagship stores may still get some bottles in to be placed on the shelf.

Nope. But I doubt I've met the spending quota. I try to buy from smaller stores so the staff gets to know me and hooks me up with good stuff. But it was nice to have Bevmo as a backup in the event your go-to stores failed. I got Booker's 25th by driving out to a random Bevmo. The stores I buy at regularly have promised me some great upcoming releases like Parker's, FRSmLE and OFBB, but they haven't given me any indication they can get me BTACs or Van Winkles this year. There are still one or two places near me that have a "put it on the shelf" policy. Those places may end up being my best shot.

Nope. But I doubt I've met the spending quota. I try to buy from smaller stores so the staff gets to know me and hooks me up with good stuff. But it was nice to have Bevmo as a backup in the event your go-to stores failed. I got Booker's 25th by driving out to a random Bevmo. The stores I buy at regularly have promised me some great upcoming releases like Parker's, FRSmLE and OFBB, but they haven't given me any indication they can get me BTACs or Van Winkles this year. There are still one or two places near me that have a "put it on the shelf" policy. Those places may end up being my best shot.

Same here, but the weird thing is I haven't spent all that much with Bevmo... not that I'm complaining at this point and plus it's still not a guarantee that I will get a BTAC. The email blast also included photos of BTACs, baby saz and OWA... don't need the last two.

I have spent more than $250 at BevMo this year. Not a huge amount, but just for reference as I did not get the email.

HD 335, do you think you spent more or less than that?

I have spent more than $250 at BevMo this year. Not a huge amount, but just for reference as I did not get the email.

HD 335, do you think you spent more or less than that?

I've spent more. But it's a combination of beer, wine, bubbles and spirits.

Just curious, did anyone that replied to the MontCo BTAC allocation email hear anything back yet?

Yea I heard back around noon. Got my 3rd choice.

I replied within 20 minutes of the email, didn't hear back. I assume I either missed out or will be notified later. No big deal either way.

So far my poking around stores in KS has resulted in "huh" or "ha ha, yeah right, already gone buddy". I've been pretty lucky the last few years to find bottles when traveling, but so far I'm striking out this year. Oh well, going to keep trying.

I did. I must have emailed her about 15 minutes after I got the message. I got the EH Taylor, it was my second choice. My buddy emailed her back the second he got the email and she responded back to him quickly. His first choice was WLW and second was ER17. He got the ER17.

Haven't seen any BTAC in these parts of CT in two years. Sure I won't see any this year either. Sigh....

Hit Lexington today... of course, NOTHING made it to a shelf.

:shocked: I am not really hunting but I think I would probably opt for one of the offerings if I had the opportunity.

Pure luck... No tip, no advance notice or phone call....just happened to be in the right place at the right time and stopped by a local. Found out pretty quickly that they were pretty sure BTAC is hitting today. Well obviously I had to hang around since I was also advised that the expected arrival was already late. Hung around 30-45 minutes and managed to get a Stagg and Handy. The allotment was light as expected, as the shop I got this from did not receive any Saz 18 or ER 17.

One bottle of WLW, 2 Handy and about six cases of Stagg (18 bottles) is all that made it off the truck. I figure they probably got a case of WLW and Handy, but the others were already being reserved by the staff. One per person until all were served, then you could have another if available. I got the Handy by being third in the line that suddenly started forming up within moments of my arrival. They were all gone before I made it to the checkout.

Pure luck... No tip, no advance notice or phone call....just happened to be in the right place at the right time and stopped by a local. Found out pretty quickly that they were pretty sure BTAC is hitting today. Well obviously I had to hang around since I was also advised that the expected arrival was already late. Hung around 30-45 minutes and managed to get a Stagg and Handy. The allotment was light as expected, as the shop I got this from did not receive any Saz 18 or ER 17.

One bottle of WLW, 2 Handy and about six cases of Stagg (18 bottles) is all that made it off the truck. I figure they probably got a case of WLW and Handy, but the others were already being reserved by the staff. One per person until all were served, then you could have another if available. I got the Handy by being third in the line that suddenly started forming up within moments of my arrival. They were all gone before I made it to the checkout.

Well played, good timing and some luck. Nice when the stars align. Enjoy.

Nice job! I'm still waiting for a local store who might be able to help me out, and that Bevmo email talking about an opportunity to buy, but who knows when. In the meantime I'm still searching... find lots of cool malts, but no BTAC yet.

It is hurting me that after all the relationships I built in the spring, that I'm most likely still going to be stuck on a boat when BTAC hits Texas.

Oh well, that's the sailor life, and what pays for the bourbon I DO find.

It is hurting me that after all the relationships I built in the spring, that I'm most likely still going to be stuck on a boat when BTAC hits Texas.

Oh well, that's the sailor life, and what pays for the bourbon I DO find.

Agreed. It's frustrating. You can spend a lot of money building a relationship with a store. It's very disappointing when you find out the amount you spent falls short of the threshold for the bottles you're hoping for.

Agreed. It's frustrating. You can spend a lot of money building a relationship with a store. It's very disappointing when you find out the amount you spent falls short of the threshold for the bottles you're hoping for.

I've spent enough at liquor stores to know how little I've spent compared to some other people

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.