What bourbon did you pass up today? Fall/Winter 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My bro called me yesterday asked if I needed or wanted a CEHT BP, already had one...was very tempting, but had to pass ...$80, going to wait for the new one to come out and see if I can get my hands on one.

WT Diamond Anniversary $125

EC21 $299

WP Boss $185

Many others were passed by but these were the highest

Old Blowhard ($199), Barterhouse ($129). I read lots of reviews and I want to try both but not that bad.

Edited by MDBourbon

Stopped at a store I hadn't been in since last fall and surprise.....they still had two bottles of ORVW behind the counter at the low, low price of $349.99. Obviously I can't say for sure they're the same ones I saw before but I'm thinking it's a very good probability they are. Also passed on W12 at $49.99

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Paul W viewpost-right.png

This is pretty desireable modern dusty. Unless the price was sky-high, you might want to go back for this one. I bet one of the Texas members has already PM'ed you about it.

"Agreed, surprisingly, Ive always found it easier to find American Spirit over Tradition."

Bewilders me to consider this. Back when it came out, not that long ago, it seems most of us were scoffing at them wanting $100 for it and having the temerity to announce they could have charged more. It sat on shelves here a good year before I noticed any getting bought.

Passed on Weller 12 at $50. Haven't seen it around in forever but still not pulling that trigger

Is weller 12 that good? They had about 6 bottles at the Specs close to me yesterday. Is it better than OWA? cuz i really like that.

Is weller 12 that good? They had about 6 bottles at the Specs close to me yesterday. Is it better than OWA? cuz i really like that.

There is only one way for you to find out the answers to those questions...

Passed on Weller 12 at $50. Haven't seen it around in forever but still not pulling that trigger

wow, it's been around Chicagoland since mid Feb at Binny's (gone now at Binny's though) for $30. I've seen it at a few places around here still for around $30. one place had it in the glass case... The places aren't exactly close to you, but PM me if you want locations of the stores that have (might be had, it was earlier this week I saw them) them in stock at *reasonable* prices.

Edited by DonutsNBourbon

At $50, no. Under $30, yes.

I like W12 better than OWA straight up...but still like both and try to keep them on hand.

Just picked up a bottle of Weller 12. they had special reserve to. Post my tboughts in the bought today thread later. Now if i could find a nice glass.

Not bourbon, but I passed on some Ultra Premium Georgia Select Club, despite coming in such a fancy sack. Had never seen it before, and am sure some folks see "Georgia" along with the picture of the gold dome on the bottle (the Georgia state capitol dome) . . . before realizing they just bought NAS blended canadian whisky :lol:

post-7689-14489822145806_thumb.jpg

Passed on all the usual suspects tonight at the local Rite Aid. I did consider a handle of 1792, oh... and maybe a 'kickin chicken' as well as a VOB and HH BIB or two... but, I finally ended up making it out unscathed.:grin:

Not bourbon, but I passed on some Ultra Premium Georgia Select Club, despite coming in such a fancy sack. Had never seen it before, and am sure some folks see "Georgia" along with the picture of the gold dome on the bottle (the Georgia state capitol dome) . . . before realizing they just bought NAS blended canadian whisky :lol:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20505[/ATTACH]

I saw the same thing here, except labeled "Indiana" :falling:.

I suppose they have learned that any bottle with Texas on it sells there it will probably work everywhere else.

Those marketing devils.

Larceny at 13.99, that was tough to pass up, but I went in for Elijah Craig 12 and that's what I left with.

We get that here as well but it's the Las Vegas version for whatever reason. :confused:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!