What bourbon did you pass up today? Fall/Winter 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Larceny at 13.99, that was tough to pass up, but I went in for Elijah Craig 12 and that's what I left with.

in that case, id've grabbed BOTH!. Larceny is a steal (pun intended) at that price, and who is gonna lose sleep over $14 anyway?

you'll go back....

Passed on four bottles of Blanton's SFTB for about $100 each. Hoping in a few days I can find them at less than $70 each instead.

in that case, id've grabbed BOTH!. Larceny is a steal (pun intended) at that price, and who is gonna lose sleep over $14 anyway?

you'll go back....

I'm sure you are right!

First time I've seen Old Blowhard on the shelf but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger for $160, especially based on reviews I've seen.

Larceny at 13.99, that was tough to pass up, but I went in for Elijah Craig 12 and that's what I left with.

I'm not sure what the deal is. it's 10 bucks cheaper than they usually sell it. just like when they used to have the rebates.

I passed up a number on my bourbon spree today in St. Louis area, but some notables were OE101, Bowman, OGDBiB, Larceny, and BeamBiB.

I can get OGDBiB and Larceny around these parts. And the Larceny in StL was more expensive than where I regularly purchase it. I'm not a big fan of JBW, so the Bonded didn't persuade me. I regret not picking up at least a bottle of OE101 though.

OWA @ $37.99. Seems very very high.

Yes, that store owner indeed must be very high.

Yes, that store owner indeed must be very high.

I could understand if they were "High" sadly its pure evil......

Well...not a big pass but saw a sole lingering bottle of Early Time 354 on a shelf. But since it's been discontinued, guess I'll go back and pick it up tomorrow. Not a big fan of 80 proofers. But won't ever see it again...

Tons of willet XCF & 7/8 yr bourbons, many Forged Oaks, EC23, and Michter's 10.

Forged Oak seems to be quite the dime a dozen thing around Chicago the last couple of weeks.

I passed up a half gallon of weller antique @ $50 and some of the new bookers release that has a special sticker or name or something at $60 or $62.

I passed on the new U.S. release of I.W. Harper at $39.99. Too many other know entities at higher proof for less money. Maybe I will try it one day but I don't see paying that much for 82 proof bourbon. I don't care how popular it is in Japan.

I passed on the new U.S. release of I.W. Harper at $39.99. Too many other know entities at higher proof for less money. Maybe I will try it one day but I don't see paying that much for 82 proof bourbon. I don't care how popular it is in Japan.

Forged Oak seems to be quite the dime a dozen thing around Chicago the last couple of weeks.

I wouldn't be able to pass that up. 750ml are $34 - $38 here.

It wasn't easy, but I have a few bottles at home already

Passed on Parker's Heritage #8 third batch (136.2 proof) for $299.99.

Already have the 2nd batch (126.8 proof) but trying another proof would be nice.

Who distills that anyway? At 4 years and 82 proof it sounds like a bottom shelfer to me.

They must have been taking notes from Wild Turkey.

NAS 82 proof mystery juice sounds like bottom shelf to me too. I guess they source it from one or more of the big distilleries in KY. I would try a free store sample. I can't see how this is anything but way overpriced well liquor.

I wouldn't be able to pass that up. 750ml are $34 - $38 here.

Wow! WA107 750's $38???? I stocked up when a local retailer brought in a store select barrel for $22/750 and $43/1.75 and got 3-750's and 1- 1.75L. I just finished the 1.75 with the other 3 bottles left. It's obviously a different animal from the W12 but I still enjoy it for what it is.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!