What bourbon did you pass up today? Fall/Winter 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There's tons of variation with ER10 anyway, so it's tough to really make an "old" vs "new" comparison.

Yea, based on what Mark Brown said, there really shouldn't be any other difference (other than normal single barrel variance) since the new is also single barrel (save for maybe one bottle at the end of the bottling line). Unless you just want to see a label that says "single barrel" I don't see any reason to stockpile the old.

Yea, based on what Mark Brown said, there really shouldn't be any other difference (other than normal single barrel variance) since the new is also single barrel (save for maybe one bottle at the end of the bottling line). Unless you just want to see a label that says "single barrel" I don't see any reason to stockpile the old.

Thanks for confirming guys. I picked the old bottle up as it was priced at $36.99 which is a great deal by me (metro NYC). Other places are charging $46.00 for eagle rare 10.

Stagg Jr. $49, CEHT Rye $59, a few WRMC $89-$99 range. All out of my budget range!

thanks for the confirmation. I was debating if I should go back and grab it or not.

thanks for the confirmation. I was debating if I should go back and grab it or not.

Just bought a new bottle this past weekend with the "10 Year Old" statement on the back label. It is just as good as the last "old" bottle I had.

If it is priced right I'd go back and get it

Yeah, one nice thing about old labels is that they sometimes have old prices too.

Yeah, one nice thing about old labels is that they sometimes have old prices too.

unfortunately, this is not one of those times, $36.99 for ER10! altho, this is what I'm starting to see it at around here. occasionally at $32 if I'm lucky.

Yikes, I even like BT products generally, but I'd have a hard time parting with $20 for ER10, let alone nearly $40.

I was out of town today and got real excited seeing that a couple of new stores are carrying Four Roses Barrel Strength picks, unfortunately, they are both recipes I have already, a 9 year 57.6% OESK bottle picked by Strongwater beverages, and a 54% OESO picked by the Oregon Bartenders Guild.

If any Oregon people know of OESV, OESF, or OBSO bottles around, PM me. Finding these is getting increasingly irritating as the only liquor stores that carry them are 1.5+ hours away, and the dance of trying to get them (we can't sell that!) is real annoying.

Passed on the new label ER10 last week at $29.99 . . . trying to finish off some other stuff.

Lost Prophet and a lot of CEHT Small Batch. No use for the first and have enough of the CEHT on hand for now

Baby Saz, $50. Also saw a bottle of EC23 behind the counter for $329.

Yikes, I even like BT products generally, but I'd have a hard time parting with $20 for ER10, let alone nearly $40.

I was out of town today and got real excited seeing that a couple of new stores are carrying Four Roses Barrel Strength picks, unfortunately, they are both recipes I have already, a 9 year 57.6% OESK bottle picked by Strongwater beverages, and a 54% OESO picked by the Oregon Bartenders Guild.

If any Oregon people know of OESV, OESF, or OBSO bottles around, PM me. Finding these is getting increasingly irritating as the only liquor stores that carry them are 1.5+ hours away, and the dance of trying to get them (we can't sell that!) is real annoying.

You can get ER10 for $20? The best deal I can find locally is a handle of the stuff for 54.99, that works out to about 23.00 for a fifth.

Or maybe I misinterpreted.... are you staying it's not worth 20.00?

$200 for Cured Oak

Ah yes, here we go. The boom is still going strong.

I recently passed on some Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirits dated 2007 & 2008 - would they be worth going back for?

Passed on Michter's 10 year rye. I've heard of the non-US1 bourbon from Micheters but don't know much about the rye. Besides, kinda pricey @$109.

I recently passed on some Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirits dated 2007 & 2008 - would they be worth going back for?

That depends on the price (but I'd rather have RB).

I'm sure my local amazing sales for scotch/ripoff prices for LE bourbon store will have it for $300-$500 if it hasn't already come and gone in MD. You're welcome to drive over here and buy it from them.

I passed MMCS @ $60 a 750ml. Yeah, I know that's around msrp, but it's just regular freakin MM with a little more proof. I still thought about it. Then I spotted OGD 114 @ $22 and bought two. That's more like it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!