Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?-Fall/Winter 2014

garbanzobean
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Found a backup of one of my all-time faves, Glenmorangie Port Wood Finished. Means I can begin attacking my open one with more fervor! :yum:

Ha! So you did end up buying it. Bring it over sometime and we can do an old/new side by side and go all "Bruce" on it.

I will do that! Should be an interesting blind sbs!

An update: I had my third girl on the evening of 12/29/14 :) Baby came 2 hours after arriving at the hospital. My wife literally pushed twice. Other than my other two girls passing around nasty colds, everyone is doing well!

I picked up a backup Clynelish 14 last week. They have been absent from shelves around here and whenever anything from Diageo goes missing for awhile I assume when it returns it will be at least 35% more expensive. This one still sat at $50 so I grabbed one. Probably should have grabbed three...

GoPro that please ;-)

Now instead of the obligatory vehicle shot that just shows the aftermath of a noteworthy purchase, we can see the whole process, sweet!

Hadn't bought anything in a while which seemed so unnatural to me. So I picked up a Bushmills 16 to complement my Irish Whiskey selections in preparation for fast approaching World Wide Holiday on March 17th!

Hadn't bought anything in a while which seemed so unnatural to me. So I picked up a Bushmills 16 to complement my Irish Whiskey selections in preparation for fast approaching World Wide Holiday on March 17th!

That Bushmill 26 was an eye opener for me (and I've really not been enamored with any of the Irish I've had to date)

If you've ever been in London on St. Paddy's, you'd know that it is definitely NOT a world-wide holiday. Whatever the opposite of a holiday is, that is exactly what I experienced there on that day in 1999.

Oh, I expect somewhere in London there are a few Paddy's celebrating the day, if only to take a dig at the Brits! But I suppose London would be one exception to the rule thanks to all the violence over the years.

That Bushmill 26 was an eye opener for me (and I've really not been enamored with any of the Irish I've had to date)

Yes, the 16 is possibly my favorite of the standard Bushmills line. But finished my last bottle a while back and had not replaced it. Out of Black Bush as well so may need to replace that soon as well.

Yes, the 16 is possibly my favorite of the standard Bushmills line. But finished my last bottle a while back and had not replaced it. Out of Black Bush as well so may need to replace that soon as well.

People tend to forget about Black Bush with all the new high-quality Irish whiskey flooding the market but that is still a stellar bottle for the price.

People tend to forget about Black Bush with all the new high-quality Irish whiskey flooding the market but that is still a stellar bottle for the price.

Picked up my first ever bottle of Japanese whisky, a Nikka Taketsuru 12. Looking forward to giving it a shot!

Also grabbed an Aberlour A'bunadh batch 47. :yum:

Picked up my first ever bottle of Japanese whisky, a Nikka Taketsuru 12. Looking forward to giving it a shot!

Also grabbed an Aberlour A'bunadh batch 47. :yum:

Taketsuru 12 has an outstanding nose. I didn't think the taste quite lived up to it, but it was still quite good. I think you'll enjoy it!

Taketsuru 12 has an outstanding nose. I didn't think the taste quite lived up to it, but it was still quite good. I think you'll enjoy it!

The Taketsuru 17 delivers a lot more on the palate than the 12 but it also takes a lot more out of your wallet!

The Taketsuru 17 delivers a lot more on the palate than the 12 but it also takes a lot more out of your wallet!
Yeah, if the Taketsuru 17 were about $50 less I'd have a hard time not keeping a bottle on deck at all times. Just a great whisky.

^^ Narita is your friend

Narita is a very long distance friend! The cost of getting there kind of eliminates any of the savings...

Just bought a pair of Yamazaki 18s. I consider the price ridiculous for an 18yo malt bottled at 43%, but it was still a good deal less than prices I've found online for bottles that are out of stock everywhere I look. So I bit. I opened one last night and will put impressions in the proper thread.

Just bought a pair of Yamazaki 18s. I consider the price ridiculous for an 18yo malt bottled at 43%, but it was still a good deal less than prices I've found online for bottles that are out of stock everywhere I look. So I bit. I opened one last night and will put impressions in the proper thread.

My "impression" is that you need a helper to drink them![emoji2]

My "impression" is that you need a helper to drink them![emoji2]

"Need" is such a strong word... I certainly welcome, however!

My wife will occasionally grab a random bottle of whisky while when she's out buying wine. Tonight she came home with a bottle of a The Balvenie DoubleWood 12!! Very excited to try this. I loved the Caribbean Cask.

38272518a8eb686e1f6210dc25674eed.jpg

The 2014 release of the 1998 Caol Ila 15yo unpeated cask strength whisky finally made it to town so I picked up a bottle as this annual release is one I have enjoyed over the past several years. Need to try it soon to decide if I need any more!

The 2012 release of the 14yo sherry cask unpeated Caol Ila has raised the bar for this one to try to match!

BenRiach 15 Pedro Ximinez and Kilchoman Sherry Cask Martin Scott selection (2011 59.6%). My first Kilchoman sherry cask and really enjoy the purity of the Kilchoman with the influence of the sherry.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.