What beer are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

tonight

b9418cf6-b704-452d-84ec-237a432833b4_zpsdf39accf-1.jpg

recently

95a3f3f2-1dbb-49e2-af34-4d153fff6c69_zps29af03b1.jpg

Hopslam due here next Monday....and I'm off!!

last year Binny's limited you to 2 6 packs

Mars has been the only of the planets series that has really impressed me. I'm looking forward to Saturn as well.

The other two impressed me with how bad they were and for me at least Mars was little better. So far this series has been a complete dud rather like the "Beer Camp" was.

Will probably try the others but no plans to buy any more without trying first.

We've been enjoying HopSlam, Bell's Cherry Stout, BS Vanilla Bean Stout regularly at our household.

Bourbon County just started showing up on tap around KC which has been great as well.

After dinner, my wife and I split a Charleville Box of Chocolate sitting by the fire with the dogs. Nice end to the evening. Distribution on this probably isn't too wide outside of Missouri and some parts of Illinois, try this one. Belgian quad with chocolate notes and absolutely fantastic.

Im just sitting down to have a Rogue Dead Guy Ale! This stuff is always refreshing after a crazy day at work. It's one of the better Maibocks out there.

The last of the Hacker-Pschorr (or however you spell it) hefeweizens from late summer. Yesterday it was the last of the Munich Gold. Kinda miss summer.

The last of the Hacker-Pschorr (or however you spell it) hefeweizens from late summer. Yesterday it was the last of the Munich Gold. Kinda miss summer.

Yah I miss summer. *Sigh....... I had so many great beers this summer.

Unibroue maudite.[ATTACH]20160[/ATTACH]

That's a delicious brew. Haven't had it in quite some time, but I should pick some up.

Yeah I love it. That is my opinion with a lot of the Unibroue selections. they are fantastic. Cheers! :toast:

@AMG Do you have the Tried the Unibroue Grand Reserve 17? It is a limited Brew, and Man is it ever Delish! :yum: :drinking:

Starting things off right.

Gahan red ale. Nice, smooth. And from P.E.I. This is a beer I just stumbled upon. Really glad I did.

Cheers all :toast:

post-12191-14489821967568_thumb.jpg

@AMG Do you have the Tried the Unibroue Grand Reserve 17? It is a limited Brew, and Man is it ever Delish! :yum: :drinking:

Yep, we had some of that (I think a 2012 bottle) around Christmas. Very nice, especially with a little cellar time.

I went to Founders on Friday to check out their Cellar Raid week. I think they threw it together on short notice. The guys from Brew Dogs were there on Wednesday so I think they wanted to do something to attract a bigger crowd than they usually have in the middle of the week in January. They served CBS all week so I made sure to have a pour of that. I also tried their Sweet Repute XXX. This was a wheatwine aged in maple bourbon barrels for three years. It was a sweet sticky mess. I loved it.

They were also selling four packs of Backwoods Bastard bottled in 2013 and 2014. I purchased one of each. I had one of each last night and learned you definitely want to drink that beer fresh. The 2013 had lost most of its bourbon notes.

Country Boy Shotgun Wedding from a growler!

You go boy!

I went all out and drank Molson Canadian for the SB. :crazy:

Started off the Super Bowl with something to get me warmed up! Have been sitting on this one for awhile.

Mikkeller Black (黑) from Denmark but brewed in Belgium.

post-8493-14489821971286_thumb.jpeg

Supposedly fairly bitter when fresh, a little time has made this one just right. Thick, moderately sweet with a hint of coffee bitterness in the background. Doesn't take much of that one to warm you up!

post-8493-14489821971054_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489821971054_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489821971286_thumb.jpeg

Edited by tanstaafl2

The Mrs. and I have been drinking quite a bit of Buffalo Sweat Vanilla Bean Stout....its great.

Got a few 6packs of Hopslam also and really have been enjoying that.

For the folks in Chicago area, a St. Louis craft brewer has just started distributing there. Their beers tend to have a german influence with many being german style beers. If you see Ku'Damm (Berliner Weisse) or Daft (barrel-aged Barleywine) and you like that style, get them. Don't think, just grab. Daft may be on-tap only, but you still want a pour. Even fresh it's extremely nice. For IPA fans, STLIPA is really, really good. Enjoy a product of the German roots of the St. Louis area!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!