What beer are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's quite drinkable as is. Very well balanced. I have a few stashed for aging to see if it changes for the better.

That's good. Off the top of my head, but to me Mikellers has alot of very hot brew's, and not even that high of a ABV if I can recall.

Cheers!

ok. It's been years since I've last had them. I would have to look up my reviews on the ABV, but definitely hotter than alot of other brews in that ABV range, could be bad bottles also, never know. One beer I remember that cost me in a trade Bristol XXX Warlock, what a waste, hot, very overhyped back in the day.

Cheers!

I went to Dark Horse Brewery yesterday with some buddies. $15 got you 25 tickets and each ticket would give you a 2 oz. pour. Their employees made 42 different beers along with the help of the Dark Horse brewers to sample from. The clear winner to me was their Peppermint Patty Stout and I dislike mint.

They also sold bourbon barrel aged Tres Blueberry Stout so I purchased two four packs. The nose is fantastic on this beer but the bourbon, stout and blueberries don't work well together. It's OK but it nowhere close to being as good as their bba Plead the Fifth.

I've had a few Dark Horse brews in the past, very tasty stuff, especially Plead The Fifth and Double Crooked Tree DIPA.

Cheers!

Anniversary Barley Wine Ale - Uinta Brewing Company

Cheers!

Edited by MTNBourbon

Scaling it back tonight with some St. Bernardus Extra 4. This reminds me of Duvel or La Chouffe, except at 4.00% ABV. Expensive ($17 for a 4 pack), but really delicious. Great example of a Belgian pale session. If this was available in sixtel form, I'd build a kegerator around it!

Grabbed a 6er of Tri-City Giant Slayer Imperial Stout, nice beer, nothing outstanding either way but solid.

A 10 month old Founders Devil Dancer. A bit more subdued and malty with age but it's still not worth the price.

I have tried some fantastic brews lately. Prairie Brandy Barrel Noir and funky gold amarillo were the standouts. Evil Twin/Amager - From Amager With Love was quite tasty too.

A 10 month old Founders Devil Dancer. A bit more subdued and malty with age but it's still not worth the price.

I have tried some fantastic brews lately. Prairie Brandy Barrel Noir and funky gold amarillo were the standouts. Evil Twin/Amager - From Amager With Love was quite tasty too.

Ive heard that the devil dancer isn't worth it. on many occasions

I'm about to sit down to a Lake of Bays Brewing. "Stitches" Its an Oktoberfest Marzan Cheers! :toast:

Just having a Lake of Bay Brewing "Crazy Eyes" Winter Bock. Very Tasty. :yum:

Just tried Not Your Father's Root Beer last night. Tastes nothing like beer (even though it calls itself such). It's very sweet and it's just like drinking root beer. I could really enjoy this stuff, even if it gives me the urge to brush my teeth afterward.

[h=1]Squatters Wellied Irish Style Stout - Utah Brewers Cooperative[/h]

Cheers!

Founders Blushing Monk. Wow! The raspberries and Belgian yeast in this go so well together.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!