What beer are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

the food looks amazing.

Trying to lose the weight I put on after back surgery so only a couple nights per week of beer goodness.

Prairie funky gold Amarillo and Country Boys infinite sadness are recent winners.

Started off the Super Bowl with something to get me warmed up! Have been sitting on this one for awhile.

Mikkeller Black (黑) from Denmark but brewed in Belgium.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20181&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=20182&stc=1

Supposedly fairly bitter when fresh, a little time has made this one just right. Thick, moderately sweet with a hint of coffee bitterness in the background. Doesn't take much of that one to warm you up!

On my 3rd Hopslam for the evening. So much better than last years.

3 Hopslams! Damn, tomorrow morning will not be much fun. That's like 6 or more typical beers. Way more than I can handle. I had one last night along with a light pour of FRSB.

They are good though!

3 Hopslams! Damn, tomorrow morning will not be much fun. That's like 6 or more typical beers. Way more than I can handle. I had one last night along with a light pour of FRSB.

They are good though!

Don't worry. I'm a professional. Just poured some '98 pewter top.

Don't worry. I'm a professional. Just poured some '98 pewter top.

I'm the clinical chemist for community hospital. I'm always impressed that the "professional" can handle a 450 mg/dL ethanol level while the "amateur" at that level is a medical examiner case. I've seen it too many times during my career.

Good luck.

Will

I'm the clinical chemist for community hospital. I'm always impressed that the "professional" can handle a 450 mg/dL ethanol level while the "amateur" at that level is a medical examiner case. I've seen it too many times during my career.

Good luck.

Will

I'm no where near the LD50 for ethanol. Take your fucking sermon somewhere else.

I'm no where near the LD50 for ethanol. Take your fucking sermon somewhere else.

I didn't say you were near the LD50 for ethanol. Wasn't meant to be a sermon let alone a "fucking sermon."

Additionally, I can easily estimate that you would be no were near that level. There are very good blood ethanol concentration calculators available on the internet.

I know what I feel like the next morning when my ethanol level is near 80 mg/dL let alone 5 times that.

Again I'm not saying your was. 3 Hopslams in one hour for a 180 pound man is only about 120 mg/dL. It would be lower if you are heavier and you took a longer time to consume.

Edited by Special Reserve

Must have been a HopSlam kinda day, yesterday. Had a couple myself.

No hangover here. Just about ready start again today. It's nice enough here I may do some outside drinking.

It's like 65 degrees in the ATL today. Great outdoor beer weather.

Well this thread certainly took a weird turn. I feel obligated to point out the irony of discussing the LD50 of alcohol in the beer thread vs the rest of the forum, which is dedicated to hard liquor.

Local brewery had a beer release over the weekend for their 3rd anniversary. Three different barrel aged porters: an orange rum truffle, Mexican chocolate, and espresso. Had all of those and a few other goodies they had on draft. Now, a Hi-Res at home.

Dang it - missed the SB HopSlam celebration by a day. Had some today at a local place and had a smile on my face the whole time. Alas, not enough to even risk a hangover.

Rogue Yellow Snow IPA--kind of an unappealing name if you overthink it.

lunch at Hackney's--onion loaf and cheeseburger

I may pick up a 6, although I'm long on beer at the moment

yellow-1_zps75449a2c.jpgurl_zpsc1eb36b8.jpg

9ba3a3bd-9a03-4035-9aee-2191449ca0d9_zpse95cf5c2.jpgd84047bb-5aaa-4ec8-a50b-aba2c0ab4100_zps47191bc8.jpg

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!