What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Made a spontaneous visit to IN and bought HHBiB (which I've never had before) and 2005 EWSB.

Chatted up a guy at the local liquor store and he offered up a bottle of Stagg Jr that he had squirreled away in the back for $49.99. I got it thinking it was a batch 3 or 4 only to find when i got home that it was a batch 2. :rolleyes: Hopefully it's not as bad as everyone says.

Batch 2 isn't bad. Batch 1 is the one to avoid.

ugg, I ended up with one bottle of each 1 - 3.... guess I should start with batch 1 eh?

If you find it not to your liking either neat or with a bit of water added, vat it with either OC8 or standard BT. It turns into a very enjoyable pour that way.

If you find it not to your liking either neat or with a bit of water added, vat it with either OC8 or standard BT. It turns into a very enjoyable pour that way.

thx, noted since I have more BT than I know what to do with....

Curious about what constitutes a good price on the B&B. isn't MSRP like 150 bones?

That's msrp, I guess. When buying more than 1 or 2 bottles, I tend to get a discount. Anything below msrp is a good price, These will go secondary for stupid money. Me, I'm just collecting, mostly. Son will have a fine, old and valuable collection. No way I could drink all the liquor I have collected, even if I live another 20 yrs!

I must have just missed you. 1792 Sweet Wheat and Jim Beam Distiller's Masterpiece in the buggy. Dang, that Beam is purdy.

Just picked up a half gallon of Buffalo Trace, gonna try it for the first time. Dont see how it could be as good or better than Blanton's when Blanton's costs twice as much. We'll see.

EHTBP the new 2015 release. Also knob 120

What's the proof on the new release?

Grabbed an EWBIB for a party.

I must have just missed you. 1792 Sweet Wheat and Jim Beam Distiller's Masterpiece in the buggy. Dang, that Beam is purdy.

Where is the crotch shot from the parking lot to celebrate your "score"?

What's the proof on the new release?

127.2 for the new release of CEHTP. Picked up a few bottles yesterday.

A few bottles of SAOS 10 yr CS Single Barrel bourbon. ECBP and Rhetoric 21.

Decent liquor store run today. 6 bottles of the store's 4R OBSO pick, Blood Oath and a Jeffersons finished in a Groth Cabernet barrel (hope it's not complete shit). Also had a Heaven Hill Select Stock delivered yesterday, which in interested to try.

Where is the crotch shot from the parking lot to celebrate your "score"?

OK, just for you, Steve...:D

post-692-14489822555702_thumb.jpg

Went out to stock up on some staples and brought home (2) 4R Small Batch, a 4R Yellow Label, (2) WT Rare Breed, a Stagg Jr. batch #4, an ECBP batch whateveristhelatest, and was surprised to see some OWA so (2) of those came home also.

Ezra brooks from 06, old Ezra 7 101, new high west bourye before MI liquor control corrects their mistake.

Only in Georgia! Be very afraid when the goat cues up the banjo. That means drinking time is over...:lol:

Heehee. Goat sez, if you hear the banjo...it's already too late...:D

Grabbed a couple ECBP (batch 8) and a EHCT 129 proof today in Oklahoma. Not bad at all.

127.2 for the new release of CEHTP. Picked up a few bottles yesterday.

Thanks. I'll have to keep an eye out for it around here.

Kirkland (Costco) 7 year old bourbon. For $21 a liter it's not bad at all. Had to try it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!