What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nice pickup there

That's the first time I've read of someone finding at "dusty" at Walmart...

Thanks to a fellow GBSer, picked up the 21yr Rhetoric to compare with the 20yr. The interest to compare was too high for me to pass.

Picked up an OBSF. Unfortunately, I had to pay the $60 for the first time.

Thanks to a fellow GBSer, picked up the 21yr Rhetoric to compare with the 20yr. The interest to compare was too high for me to pass.

Decided to stop at G-Will Liquors and noticed that they had just selected a barrel of Russel's Reserve and it was on sale! $46.99/ea. I bought two. I will open it after dinner for sampling :-)

attachment.php?attachmentid=21203&stc=1

post-11331-14489822566686_thumb.jpg

post-11331-14489822566686_thumb.jpg

Bought an 05 EWSB, the last one in the 3 stores I frequent. Im sensing an 04, 05, 06 sbs.

Ok, I couldn't wait until after dinner. This has got to be one of my favorite Russell's Reserve Single Barrel store selects! It's has deep dark oaky mustiness, with spices and caramel. Great, rich mouthfeel. Glad I bought two bottles. There is another store in town that selected a barrel as well, so it would be interesting to compare the two.

Ok, I couldn't wait until after dinner. This has got to be one of my favorite Russell's Reserve Single Barrel store selects! It's has deep dark oaky mustiness, with spices and caramel. Great, rich mouthfeel. Glad I bought two bottles. There is another store in town that selected a barrel as well, so it would be interesting to compare the two.

Nice! Were yours bottled this year? I have looked for some store selects of RRSmBSB around Atlanta but have not found any yet. I want to compare it to the regular ones I have which I really enjoy.

Nice! Were yours bottled this year? I have looked for some store selects of RRSmBSB around Atlanta but have not found any yet. I want to compare it to the regular ones I have which I really enjoy.

I would think so. I usually stop in this store once a month or so, and never noticed them before. I could ask the store. I've had a few bottles of the non-store selects, and this may be a little sweeter, thicker, rounder. But I don't think it's night and day. There is another store in town that bought a barrel, and it would be fun to to a SBS of them. They have a good price on them, and they may ship to Atlanta.

EHTBP 172.2 and IWH15. Both ordered from a liquor store in NY. $80 and $70 respectively. I can't find these on the shelf in CA, and even if I did, the prices would almost certainly be higher. Shipping is roughly equal to the 9% CA sales tax. Once again, it is literally cheaper for me to have my booze shipped 3000 miles than to buy it from the store down the street (if they had it).

I know I like the EHTBP and this is a backup bottle for the one I have open. The IHW is my first Diageo product. I like the fancy bottle and have heard some good things about the liquid inside, though also some bad things. It gets cracked tonight and we will see how it goes. Concerned about the low proof but trying to be open minded.

EDIT: Should have started a new "what did you buy" thread for Summer 2015, since it is certainly not spring anymore. Too late now though.

Edited by Paul W

EHTBP 172.2 and IWH15. Both ordered from a liquor store in NY. $80 and $70 respectively. I can't find these on the shelf in CA, and even if I did, the prices would almost certainly be higher. Shipping is roughly equal to the 9% CA sales tax. Once again, it is literally cheaper for me to have my booze shipped 3000 miles than to buy it from the store down the street (if they had it).

I know I like the EHTBP and this is a backup bottle for the one I have open. The IHW is my first Diageo product. I like the fancy bottle and have heard some good things about the liquid inside, though also some bad things. It gets cracked tonight and we will see how it goes. Concerned about the low proof but trying to be open minded.

EDIT: Should have started a new "what did you buy" thread for Summer 2015, since it is certainly not spring anymore. Too late now though.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the IW Harper.

Oh and the "172.2". Boy, that's going to burn!:slappin: I think you might mean 127.2.

Yeah, I had to redistill it three times to get it over 170 proof. :lol:

Hudson Double Charred, Filibuster Dual Cask and Barrell Batch #4

attachment.php?attachmentid=21209&stc=1

post-12622-14489822568379_thumb.jpg

picked up a bottle of the new e.h. taylor 127 bp and the ECBP 139.9. good thing bc i just finished a bottle of the 129 EH taylor

Snagged a few OWA store picks, cant wait to pop em open.

That is a nice grab...

...love my OWA.

That is a nice grab...

...love my OWA.

Indeed, I need to grab one or two for the bunker after killing my only one for a SB blend.

Just ordered two Whistlepig. May be sourced Canadian but it's pretty delicious.

Love it. Just don't love the price. Great whiskey just the same. Enjoy!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!