What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up an

OGD 114, the clerk told me to be careful and that only 60 year olds drink it...

Picked up an

Those old guys have a lot to teach us.

I must have just missed you. 1792 Sweet Wheat and Jim Beam Distiller's Masterpiece in the buggy. Dang, that Beam is purdy.

So with the JBDM did you feel left out because you only bought one of the ridiculously overpriced bottles I bought at last year's Sampler?

Curious about what constitutes a good price on the B&B. isn't MSRP like 150 bones?

Sold out quick, but Caskers had it for 79.99

So with the JBDM did you feel left out because you only bought one of the ridiculously overpriced bottles I bought at last year's Sampler?

I thought I'd repay the favor since you followed me in buying the ridiculously overpriced Dickel 9's...:lol:

I thought I'd repay the favor since you followed me in buying the ridiculously overpriced Dickel 9's...:lol:

You know in the future we might consider just going splits on the "dumbass bottles". Just a thought.

Picked up a bottle of BH.....been eye balling the Jim Beam series...Rolled Oat, Brown Rice, and High Rye...maybe next time

Picked up a bottle of BH.....been eye balling the Jim Beam series...Rolled Oat, Brown Rice, and High Rye...maybe next time

If you like BH you'll like the High Rye. It's maybe a bit overpriced but I really like it.

Indeed it is pricey. Especially considering the bottle is so small. That's why I bought BH instead. Saved myself $10 and got more for my $$$...but I will eventually buy the collection....on a side note. The Beam finished in the Rare Spanish Brandy or however they describe it. Is just plain weird! I've had 3 pours of it and not once has any one sip tasted like the previous one. It almost feels like I'm taking a drink of a different bourbon each time. As of right now...I'm not a fan

Another bottle of Old Weller Antique. Hole in the wall place has them. Glad no one else knows about it.

I ordered 2 bottles of the Maker's Mark red/black wax bottles commemorating the Blackhawks Cup win. Online purchase from Binny's for pickup, now I just need to find the time to drive 45 minutes one way to get them. At another store I purchased a bottle of Bookers (Batch 2014-6), which is my first from that roundtable batch, on sale for $48.99. I have two bottles of C07-B-7 in the bunker as well.

Jason

2 bottles of Woodford Reserve... Woodford has been one of my favorites for some time and I always check a store's stock even I'm not looking to buy. Was shopping at WalMart and noticed 2 bottles stuck way in the back with different colored labels... Turned out to be 2 dusty bottles with Lincoln Henderson as master distiller... $35 a bottle later and I am a happy man!

From the San Francisco Wine Trading Co., a Four Roses OESK and a private barrel Henry McKenna BIB. OESK's are on a roll this past year.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q572/mikejouett/20150706_185650_zpsqs2dwptw.jpg' alt='20150706_185650_zpsqs2dwptw.jpg'>

Also picked up a couple of bottles of Elmer T. Lee. I get one and my buddy gets one. 2 bottles for $105 and that's including shipping...crossing my fingers on this one. I've never purchased Bourbon online before.

Picked up an

Either I'm getting older than my years or that clerk is a dope![emoji2]

2 bottles of Woodford Reserve... Woodford has been one of my favorites for some time and I always check a store's stock even I'm not looking to buy. Was shopping at WalMart and noticed 2 bottles stuck way in the back with different colored labels... Turned out to be 2 dusty bottles with Lincoln Henderson as master distiller... $35 a bottle later and I am a happy man!

Nice pickup there

Went out to pick up a bottle of EC12 and ended up with a Stagg Jr batch 3 and a store pick BT too. So much for cutting back on my purchases.

So much for cutting back on my purchases.

That never works.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!