What Bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2015

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

sorry, got sick of constantly posting to the Winter thread and it is already May!

Went looking at one of my regular stores for ECBP or Cured Oak and all I found was AECS for $200, Lost Prophet for $160.

Lost Prophet @ $150, Barterhouse @ $90, Jeffersons 21yr rye @ $150.

Thanks for the new thread! :cool: Back on topic, all of em. Week three of my "empty the stash and bunker campaign.

Thanks for the new thread! :cool: Back on topic, all of em. Week three of my "empty the stash and bunker campaign.

The Force is strong with this one. I have tried to work in the same ways as TT but I am a mere Paduan and am weak.

Midwinter Night's Dram for $85. I've never tried this and have a few other things on my list before I'll buy a bottle. Any idea if it will still be on the shelf when I go back or is this one a hot commodity too?

Midwinter Night's Dram for $85. I've never tried this and have a few other things on my list before I'll buy a bottle. Any idea if it will still be on the shelf when I go back or is this one a hot commodity too?

Passed in forged oak @ 72.99. Literally 12 bottles just sitting on the shelf starting to collect dust.

Makers mark cask strength 750ml at 64.99. Good bourbon, but don't think it's that good.

passed on forged oak at 69.99 cool looking bottle but just didn't feel like I had to have it.

SAOS Cask Strength Rye $47 , 4R OESK Provate Selection $60

Dam! I would have been all over that SAOS for $47.

SAOS Cask Strength Rye $47 , 4R OESK Provate Selection $60

That would have been two pick ups.

I would have but I've spent a lot lately. Going to hope they're still around in a couple weeks

Passed on a NAS Blade and Bow for $53.99, and the 22 year Blade and Bow for $175.99. Anyone tried either of these? Worth anywhere close to these prices? I'm a little gunshy after trying some of the Orphan Barrel stuff and not liking it.

Edited by stickly

SAOS 7, 8 10 yo bourbon and 7 and 8 ryes (one a barrel proof). CEHT rye (sub $70 and almost pulled the trigger), plenty of Forgiven (appears everywhere I go and still lingering) and a WT Diamond (behind the glass).

Passed on a NAS Blade and Bow for $53.99, and the 22 year Blade and Bow for $175.99. Anyone tried either of these? Worth anywhere close to these prices? I'm a little gunshy after trying some of the Orphan Barrel stuff and not liking it.

I was fortunate enough to be able to try the 22 yr old Blade And Bow while down in Kentucky for the Sampler last month. I actually thought it was pretty good, but maybe not quite $175 good. I'm guessing that most folks would probably expect a 22 yr old bourbon to taste fairly woody. The surprising thing about the 22 yr old was that it didn't taste overly woody. Just my thoughts. Maybe a couple of other folks might chime in to help you get a better idea.

Joe

I was fortunate enough to be able to try the 22 yr old Blade And Bow while down in Kentucky for the Sampler last month. I actually thought it was pretty good, but maybe not quite $175 good. I'm guessing that most folks would probably expect a 22 yr old bourbon to taste fairly woody. The surprising thing about the 22 yr old was that it didn't taste overly woody. Just my thoughts.

I think Joe's comments pretty much reflect the general consensus of our group that tasted it. But to be fair, between the '51 Dant and the Weller Centennial that were also on the table, it didn't have much of a chance :grin:.

post-5227-14489822346278_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vosgar

That plastic skeleton key, though... It really fancies things up.

Technically, nothing today since you can't buy alcohol at retail in Indiana on Sundays. I did run across a few "passes" yesterday at one of my favorite retailers. Spirit of America Bourbon. This NDP offers one of the newer MGPI distillates (Mash Bill:51% Corn, 45% Wheat, 4% Malted Barley). Unfortunately, the price was $39.99 for what must be a two-year old bourbon. They do donate $1 from each bottle to Veterans but I know that many other producers are also very active in supporting veterans and/or local causes. I would prefer they not use it as a selling point.

I also passed on MMCS 750 ml for $64.99. I can get two 375s for less. Why would I pay more as long as the 375s are available?

Woohoo all of them. In fact today makes 4 weeks since I've been in a retail store. Every time I retrieve a bottle from my bunker I just smile.

passed on an ER17 for $299.......Something is off cause it wasn't an easy pass, I actually sat and thought on for a solid 15 minutes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.