What Bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2015

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Technically, nothing today since you can't buy alcohol at retail in Indiana on Sundays. I did run across a few "passes" yesterday at one of my favorite retailers. Spirit of America Bourbon. This NDP offers one of the newer MGPI distillates (Mash Bill:51% Corn, 45% Wheat, 4% Malted Barley). Unfortunately, the price was $39.99 for what must be a two-year old bourbon. They do donate $1 from each bottle to Veterans but I know that many other producers are also very active in supporting veterans and/or local causes. I would prefer they not use it as a selling point.

I also passed on MMCS 750 ml for $64.99. I can get two 375s for less. Why would I pay more as long as the 375s are available?

The MMCS 750's appear to have recently hit N Texas, at a price of $49.99, which is about as good a price as I would have hoped for.

The 375's were around $35 when they first hit, but have dropped to around $28

The MMCS 750's appear to have recently hit N Texas, at a price of $49.99, which is about as good a price as I would have hoped for.

I'd grab one for sure at that price. Best I've seen here is $59.99.

Woohoo all of them. In fact today makes 4 weeks since I've been in a retail store. Every time I retrieve a bottle from my bunker I just smile.

I'm going to see if I can do the same till September. Well after I pick up my package on Friday.

Passed on FR '14 LE @ $250. Got all excited when I saw it behind the counter. I was deflated at hearing how much. :frown:

Went to my local specifically to buy OE 7yr. Last year it was $13.20. Several months ago it went up to $18.20. Today it was $21.15. In today's market, a 7yr 100+ proof bourbon below $25 is a good buy, but gosh darn it, I miss the good old days.

Everything, I was looking for an OFSig 750 but didn't see any. Just as well as I have plenty of inventory and some really special stuff in the near future I am very much looking forward to. I am also on a thin the herd of opens quest so the on deck circle is bulging as I slowly whittle down the opens.

That would have been two pick ups.

You guys convinced me to go back and get the 4R OESK. I'll probably get the SAOS cask strength rye next week.

On the way home from work today, I had to stop at the store to pick up a couple of things. I passed on FRSB at $31.98. :bigeyes: The only reason I passed was because I already have a few. :grin:

Cheers! Joe

On the way home from work today, I had to stop at the store to pick up a couple of things. I passed on FRSB at $31.98. :bigeyes: The only reason I passed was because I already have a few. :grin:

Cheers! Joe

jeez, at that price you could use a few more!

I know D, but I've been really trying hard to pare down my bunker lately, and limit my purchases for a while. :rolleyes: (That's what we all say. ;))

I saw that one of the local chains has FRSB up to $42 now. Hard to believe I was buying it for $29 less than a year ago...

Cheers! Joe

Ohhhhhh.........such a great price. I'd probably grab a couple even though I already have a couple in the bunker. They go for $40 here.

Passed on a bottle of Makers Cask Strength at $70.45 because my mild level of curiosity tops out at about half that.

Passed on a bottle of Makers Cask Strength at $70.45 because my mild level of curiosity tops out at about half that.

Well, the 375 at half that price should be perfect, then! ;).

Au contraire Joe, on the Squire price/value scale a 375 would be $17.50, tops.

Au contraire Joe, on the Squire price/value scale a 375 would be $17.50, tops.

I figured, but thought I'd test your fortitude on the matter. :D

I passed on CEHT SB at $99.99 and a couple of store select WRDO at $49.99. The latter was supposedly on sale for $20 off. However, the price is the same as the standard WRDO. I wouldn't buy one at $29.99 which would be $20 off the normal price. I did pass on one that I considered buying - Alberta Dark Batch. It was $31.99 which is comparable to what I have seen in other stores.

Thanks for the reminder. Alberta Dark Batch appears to have landed in MD.

Thanks for the reminder. Alberta Dark Batch appears to have landed in MD.

It landed on my bunker a few weeks ago, still waiting to be opened....

surprised to still see W12 in the area, and at a decent price at $30. got 3 bottles of it still and didn't feel like I needed more so I left it on the shelf.

surprised to still see W12 in the area, and at a decent price at $30. got 3 bottles of it still and didn't feel like I needed more so I left it on the shelf.

I wish we could find it up here but luckily a local SB'er saw my post about wanting some and offered a trade. I was unable to meet him today but hopefully next week I will finally have one so I can open it and my OWA/WSR with it and try all 3 (have tried OWA before and liked it but not tried the WSR/W12 yet) and mix up a PMP/SB blend.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.