What Bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2015

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

jeffersons groth cask $84.99 and jefferson manhattan $34.99. easy passes.

saos 10 $69.99 on the other hand was not so easy. that i may have to swing back around on.

That is about $15-$20 higher for the SAOS than I've seen it in Maryland. Maybe I need to put a bottle aside soon . . .

That is about $15-$20 higher for the SAOS than I've seen it in Maryland. Maybe I need to put a bottle aside soon . . .

Passed on a bunch of W12. Local store got a case of 1.75, 1 liters and two cases of 750's. I'm just not a huge wheated bourbon drinker.

I saw the new 90 proof JB Rye today in a grocery store @ $19.99. I'm not a fan of any of Beam's ryes, so an easy pass.

Locals have reduced the price on Makers Cask Strength to $59.95 so lets see how that trend goes.

I passed on AAA10 star. I just can't get myself to buy plastic bottles. This is the first time I have seen and I have read great things on here about, but the plastic bottle stopped me. Also passed on the VOB, first sighting also. Store said its good mixers if friends come over.

So so this is for the group, do I need to get over my plastic bottle issue?

gary

I passed on AAA10 star. I just can't get myself to buy plastic bottles. This is the first time I have seen and I have read great things on here about, but the plastic bottle stopped me. Also passed on the VOB, first sighting also. Store said its good mixers if friends come over.

gary

Paper or plastic (or glass), decent bourbon is still decent bourbon. You don't owe anyone anything though.

Not bourbon but I passed on willett 7 yr rye. Apparently Maryland got a shipment because I see it everywhere now.

. . . . do I need to get over my plastic bottle issue?

Yes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Yes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Seconded :) Although I will say that if you are looking at an older bottle in plastic and it looks warped, or faded - I'd steer clear.

ETL at $38.99.. I know it's been scarce lately, but with a couple in the bunker i'll pass at that price.

Passed on Blood Oath ($99) and both Blade and Bow ($50 and $something really high but I forgot) last week in KY.

gary

To each his own, but I'm skeptical of plastic for anything that will be stored for more than a short time. 2L pop bottles go flat just sitting around unopened. If I could only get AAA 10* in 1.75L plastic, I would decant it into smaller glass bottles.

If I could get 10* in a plastic 1.75 I would thank whoever offered it for sale.

ETL at $38.99.. I know it's been scarce lately, but with a couple in the bunker i'll pass at that price.

post-10232-14489822418992_thumb.jpg

I offered a hearty laugh toward these folks.

That's the price of Stagg jr around these parts. Needless to say I haven't partaken. ETL is now $50. Pass on that as well.

Under the "just because it's a great deal doesn't mean you have to buy it" category...... $33.99 for 1.75's of Bulleit bourbon

Under the "just because it's a great deal doesn't mean you have to buy it" category...... $33.99 for 1.75's of Bulleit bourbon

Just passed on Balcones Froak at $300. Anybody had it? They claimed it was the last in the state of TX. They always are :)

Passed on Van Winkle 23 for the equivalent of $1600. I won't name the store, but when I asked them how they'd come to that price I was told "it's what my colleagues are selling it for". When I asked who their colleagues were they said referred to another London retailer known for extortion. I laughed and left.

Passed on a shelf full of ETLs. I have fumes left in one bottle and none in the bunker and while its a good whiskey it was a great one at about $20, not $35. Also passed on a bunch of Stagg Jrs which i kind of regret. Phone was dead and I never know what batches are what.

Also passed on a bunch of Stagg Jrs which i kind of regret. Phone was dead and I never know what batches are what.

As far as I know, OR sold out of batch #3 (132.1) about 2 months ago. So everything on the shelves now should be batch #4 (132.2)

Passed on a shelf full of ETLs. I have fumes left in one bottle and none in the bunker and while its a good whiskey it was a great one at about $20, not $35. Also passed on a bunch of Stagg Jrs which i kind of regret. Phone was dead and I never know what batches are what.

Fill those empty ETL's with AAA10* and smile... no one but you will ever know the difference.:lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.