What Bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2015

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In the locked case . . . High West Bourye, $72.99, one per customer . . . hmmmm.

Passed on Blood Oath at $95 and Blade and Bow 22 year for $150. Anybody try either of them?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20950[/ATTACH]

I offered a hearty laugh toward these folks.

Was this at a store in TN off I-75 by chance? If so, I know which store you are talking about and they are most certainly delusional. If it is the same place, stopped there last fall and saw ETL for $89, PVW 20 for $1,699 and told I could have all 5 BTAC expressions for a cool $5,000! I have never left a liquor store that fast in my life. But I guess some people are dumb enough to pay it.

I had a dream last night that I was in a store and they had a shelf full of Booker's 25th. Sadly I woke up and it was gone.

OWA 107 - $20.99 . . . on the Kansas side. Best price I've seen in a long time. Already have an extra.

Passed on these....RHF $72 ETL $42 and OWA107 $32.

Fill those empty ETL's with AAA10* and smile... no one but you will ever know the difference.:lol:

I had a dream last night that I was in a store and they had a shelf full of Booker's 25th. Sadly I woke up and it was gone.

Those prices!! - Has RHF been going for $70 for long?? That is insane. I never see it anymore so I wouldn't even know what to expect. But that is almost two plus my current favorite FRSB so that is an easy no purchase.

RHF was always around 50-55 in GA. Occasionally I would see it in KY in the 40s, the last bottle I bought was a Liquor Barn selection for 45 if I recall. I think it was around summer of last year that it showed back up on the shelf in GA with a 65-70 price tag. That being said Blantons took a similar jump around the same time. I have always liked RHF and will probably wind up buying one at some point but I've got one left at home so it will probably be awhile.

Those prices!! - Has RHF been going for $70 for long?? That is insane. I never see it anymore so I wouldn't even know what to expect. But that is almost two plus my current favorite FRSB so that is an easy no purchase.

This is the same store that had a W12 @ $89 last December. I've never purchased any RHF but I've seen it around $60 at the big stores here. The Willett Ryes at the store were I believe in the $70s (not an expert on those names). The 2 ETLs I've snagged this year were $29 and $32 respectively. Just glad 4RSB and Eagle Rare are easy to find and don't break the piggy bank.

5 bottles on the shelf - High West Bourye $78ea

Also 4 bottles of Stagg Batch 3 at $58.99ea

I would like another one of two of the Stagg, but don't want to spent that much. Bought the one I have left for $48.99

5 bottles on the shelf - High West Bourye $78ea

Also 4 bottles of Stagg Batch 3 at $58.99ea

I would like another one of two of the Stagg, but don't want to spent that much. Bought the one I have left for $48.99

Was that High West Bourye, or Son Of Bourye? If it's the Bourye, you might want to reconsider. High West's original bottling of Bourye was pretty freaking good, and it's pretty hard to find any more.

I'd also maybe reconsider the Stagg JR batch #3. I bought my first one at $59.99. Liked it so much I went back for another. At least it was on sale the second time. :bigeyes:

Joe, I am sure that is the new release of Bourye, which is plentiful in my area at $69.99. It's really good IMO, but a bit of a stretch even at $70. So, I can see johnnyflake's hesitation at $79.

Joe, I am sure that is the new release of Bourye, which is plentiful in my area at $69.99. It's really good IMO, but a bit of a stretch even at $70. So, I can see johnnyflake's hesitation at $79.

Thanks Jefferey. The only reason I was questioning Johnny's post was because the folks from High West have done several tastings in our area. It was explained by them to me, and others, that the Bourye was their original release of that product. After the original release, it was called Son Of Bourye. They called it Son Of Bourye because it was different than their original batch. The ages and percentages of the products they used in their blend wasn't the same.

First time posting in here. It seems like such a great community I had to sign up.

I passed by some Eagle Rare 10's today at $31.99, but I stood there looking at them for a few minutes. I was tempted for sure. Then when I went to my local Costco to go shopping, their liquor store had it for $28.99. I didn't pass it by at that price.

Was that High West Bourye, or Son Of Bourye? If it's the Bourye, you might want to reconsider. High West's original bottling of Bourye was pretty freaking good, and it's pretty hard to find any more.

I'd also maybe reconsider the Stagg JR batch #3. I bought my first one at $59.99. Liked it so much I went back for another. At least it was on sale the second time. :bigeyes:

Yes, it is the new release of Bourye, not the Son of Bourye.

Yea, I have been thinking about the Stagg Batch 3 at $58.99. I may go back and pick one up!

I was in Macon, Georgia for business yesterday. Stopped in a liquor store just for chuckles, had a nice chat with the guys who were working there. Passed on everything since I didn't want to pay extra to check a bag, but they had at least a half dozen ETL on the shelf for $31. If any of our Georgia friends want to know where this was, PM me.

Keep seeing RHF popping up around town, bought a couple but keep telling myself I dont need to buy everyone I see. Trying not to contribute to the problem.

pricey.

was harder to leave the Balvenie Doublewood 17 yr old. Gonna probably get that one some day.

1C3E3EDC-B85E-4786-A8DF-A113C1B1D346_zps2ypwjo6l.jpg

4 Evan Williams 2004 SinB at $28. It's the first time I have seen it. I have seen many 2005. Not sure if that is a worthy purchase. Is that a good run and a fair price?

4 Evan Williams 2004 SinB at $28. It's the first time I have seen it. I have seen many 2005. Not sure if that is a worthy purchase. Is that a good run and a fair price?

$30 here in MI. I love my 2004 I opened. I have an '05 and '06 unopened.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.