What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A little RR10yr to break the ice, now stepping it up with 4R 125th. My bottle is getting low so it's time to work on it consistently and not risk over oxidation. It's a beautiful pour and I've been working on this bottle for almost two years.

Maker's 46 Cask Strength to start things off. Big, Bold (just like regular 46, it really is spiced up over regular Maker's.), and thick. And, like the MMCS, a really nice butterscotch note.

Good whiskey, this one.

Started with some SAOS9 BP, but now I've moved on to some MM46CS myself for dessert. I'm really liking it as well. I get almost a birthday cake nose on it, with a good dose of butterscotch on the palate, like you said.

Last night I kicked the weekend off with a OBSK followed by a PS 4RSB. Even did a little vat with the two, which turned out to be pretty stellar BTW.

Today, had to say farewell to a 15 year family member (pet Bichon). It's tough to let them go, especially on the kids, who have already experienced the loss of their mother. As this was there mom's dog, well...you can appreciate how hard this is on them.

Anyway...gotta carry on, so I'm going with OGD BIB for my tailgate pour of the day! :toast:

I hope everyone has a great (and safe) day out there!!!

Last night I kicked the weekend off with a OBSK followed by a PS 4RSB. Even did a little vat with the two, which turned out to be pretty stellar BTW.

Today, had to say farewell to a 15 year family member (pet Bichon). It's tough to let them go, especially on the kids, who have already experienced the loss of their mother. As this was there mom's dog, well...you can appreciate how hard this is on them.

Anyway...gotta carry on, so I'm going with OGD BIB for my tailgate pour of the day! :toast:

I hope everyone has a great (and safe) day out there!!!

Shoot man, so sorry you had to say goodbye to an old trusted friend. As you know, we lost both of our cats in the past year and a half and it was very difficult.

Good to see your spirits are hanging in there for a tailgate pour. Hope it's a great day!

Rainy day with the Nats playing the Phillies to a 0-0 tie in the 6th (and who but me cares, anyway?), VOB bonded "6".

A client brought me a Bottle of Woodford Reserve which I am drinking now. It's been a while since I had some and I am not quite sure what to think of it. Yeasty nose, very thin entry but nice chocolatey caramel finish. Not much body and not much spice either. It's not bad but won't become a favorite here...Higher Proof would help alot since it is only 86.4 around here.

Decided on some butterscotch for dessert. ND OGD 86 handling that role nicely. Firmly in the "they don't make 'em like they used to" catagory.

I found this when I was in Kentucky about a month ago OKI. It's not bad, but I can tell you they were sitting pretty close to Old Scout barrels....

post-9285-14489822829373_thumb.jpg

Thought I'd open a big guy tonight. They're meant to drink, right?? 22y C18D

nice one! Love old Bernheim wheaters.

A single glass mingle of WTRB 112 and RRSiB for kicks. Pretty tasty, even considering the WTRB cork had swollen under the lip of the bottle and when fighting to pull it out I got a few cork crumbs in the nearly full bottle.

A single glass mingle of WTRB 112 and RRSiB for kicks. Pretty tasty, even considering the WTRB cork had swollen under the lip of the bottle and when fighting to pull it out I got a few cork crumbs in the nearly full bottle.

then....

Some BT114, WT80:OGD114, BT, #lastpours decanter...... This is why I shouldn't pour before 9pm......

Still enjoying VOB bonded (which I first poured circa 5PM ET today). BUT, with dinner (beef, of course), we had Manhattans on the rocks made with a really high proof Redemption Rye and Dolins Sweet Vermouth and rocks and organic cherries and Angostura bitters.

First a pour of SB Blend, and now some ETL. Not sure if there will be a 3rd or not, but these 2 have tasted just right so far.

First a pour of SB Blend, and now some ETL. Not sure if there will be a 3rd or not, but these 2 have tasted just right so far.

after 2 there is always a 3rd or 4th

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.