What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ECBP batch #8, 139.8 proof. Had it with and without water. I liked it more without water last night.

Regular EC12 - I never really knew what to think of it but right now it fits my palate like a glove. It's incredible. Definitely the best bottle I had so far!

ECBP batch #8, 139.8 proof. Had it with and without water. I liked it more without water last night.

ditto, absolutely knocked my socks off. had so (too?) many good premium pours last night but that was the star of the show. I really hope I can stumble (I did a lot of this last night lol) across more before I finish this bottle off but I won't be holding my breath since this is the only bottle I have found in over a year of bourbon buying.

Next to last pour of a 4RGS OESK. A lot of layers to this one, just a fine,fine bourbon. This bottle was a teaching borbon for me as it was the first in which I ever detected tobacco. I came to really appreciate enjoy this one and have relished every pour, a very positive stop on "le tour de 10".

Staying at The Brown in Luavul this evening with Mrs. Hop and after a few fingers of ETL in the room we're at the lobby bar where I've followed up with a pour of 4R 2015 SmbLE and now a 1897 Old Forester. Likely to follow with an OFBB 2015 then maybe a Manhattand7a6f4a108c350d8acc08eef06ad1e88.jpg

Staying at The Brown in Luavul this evening with Mrs. Hop and after a few fingers of ETL in the room we're at the lobby bar where I've followed up with a pour of 4R 2015 SmbLE and now a 1897 Old Forester. Likely to follow with an OFBB 2015 then maybe a Manhattan

yikes, those prices... at least you get to try ones that you may not come across in the stores tho!

Started with a 4r sb oesk followed up with forged oak. Hoping the alcohol will burn out the cold I have.

yikes, those prices... at least you get to try ones that you may not come across in the stores tho!

No doubt, but $85 for a pour of EC23? Wow. I've only had 1 pour of EC23 myself, and it was incredibly delicious, but I only paid $24 for it about a month ago.

Rowan's Creek followed by Noah's Mill. Nothing too off putting in the RC, but the more I get into this the more it reminds me of.........Willett Pot Still.

Still getting the big cinnamon red hot nose on the NM and I'm finding this iteration to be a pretty good 'big boy' whiskey. I see a lot of similarities with ECBP, although this one is a little off tune, only wishing it was as refined and balanced as it's suspected cousin (I don't think we have the DNA results back in from the lab yet:grin:).

One again out at the remote job site in BC backcountry. The last time I was here I brought a bottle of WT101. I was hoping it would still be here but alas, others came along and enjoyed it. That's OK. That's why I brought it. Luckily though, someone left behind a bottle of MM so that's what I'm going with. When in the middle of nowhere, MM is pretty dang good.

I enjoyed a couple of pours of EC12 last night vatted with ECBP 128 to bring the Proof up a little and enhance the nutty flavours - stunningly excellent!

I enjoyed a couple of pours of EC12 last night vatted with ECBP 128 to bring the Proof up a little and enhance the nutty flavours - stunningly excellent!

Oh snap, I forgot about doing this. I might need to crack the one EC12 I have left in the bunker to make a small 200ML vatting with my freshly opened 139.8 ECBP.

Has anyone ever tried this with WLW and Weller 12? Or would that be a crime...

Quite a few last night (all fairly small pours).

Bookers 25 (Still greatness, and got another bottle of it last night)

PH 8 (Good, but could not stand up to the B25)

Lost Prophet (Someone said it was comparable to GTS)

GTS 2014 (someone was Wrong)

BMH (Cinnamon-y)

Old Blowhard (Woody, but in a way I like)

There were several others we wanted to delve into at that point, but cooler heads prevailed.

Been working some crazy hours with crazy travel to boot since July, so taking a little staycation next week. sitting on the patio on a really nice evening with a small pour of ORVW. Been a really long time since I visited this old friend.

And followed that up with an even smaller pour, maybe even just a taste, of PVW15, just to compare the 107s. Wow, I am picking up some intense smokiness I don't remember previously. Like a campfire. It's fun to revisit bourbons after a long hiatus.

I pulled down a few open bottles I haven't sipped on in a while and think I am going to start with a small pour SbS of Blanton's (only bought a pint so I have been nursing it) and RHF in a bit. I also pulled down my pint of MMCS that needs me to revisit it and my nearly empty bottle of 1792 that needs to be killed off to make some shelf room.

Sipping on a nice pour of ER. Good stuff!

yum, i have one of these and a EHTSmB downstairs waiting to be opened but my shelf is full right now and over-flowing with BT juice so it will be a while.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.