What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Store pick Eagle Rare 10 last night. Really good bottle. I'll be sad when this one is gone, and ER10 is usually just OK to me.

I wouldn't necessarily say enjoying but rather experiencing WR Double Double Oaked. I like both regular WR and regular WR double oaked well enough, although both are pricey for what you get. I am finding the Double Double Oaked to be a little more oaky than advertised with the second pour transitioning to a sweet yet spicy finish. I found the nose to provide hints of tobacco, coffee and chocolate. The initial entry has a slight oak bite with cherry as it transitions to the palate. The nose is a good indicator of the finish as I found the finish to leave an aftertaste of coffee and tobacco with a slight hint of cherry. I found some similarities to a few EWSB that I have had over the years but more pronounced and also to EC18 but less oaky.

I don't believe I will purchase another bottle. It was worth a try along the bourbon journey but I can find a lot of other options that I prefer at much less cost. I wouldn't have purchased this bottle but a friend's son pick one up for me so I paid him for it.

Rock Hill Farms, same as last night, I am really enjoying this pour tonight as well! I'll likely have another small pour of something later on...

Just got the news today that an old friend passed on Saturday. I'm toasting him with 4RSB and now HMcKBIB. It just occurred to me that life is short - he was in his early 50's - so I really need to be toasting him with some Stagg or WLW. Life is short - don't wait too long to drink your good stuff friends.

Just got the news today that an old friend passed on Saturday. I'm toasting him with 4RSB and now HMcKBIB. It just occurred to me that life is short - he was in his early 50's - so I really need to be toasting him with some Stagg or WLW. Life is short - don't wait too long to drink your good stuff friends.

Amen to that Steve! So sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers for comfort, peace and understanding for all, including you my friend. P

I am sorry about your friend, especially at such a young age!

This reminds me of what my father always preached to me. "If your lucky enough to reach age 65, never hold back, after that. Drink, smoke and eat, the best of what you have, everyday"! He made it to 93 and followed his own advise, the whole way.

Now that I'm free to admit it (The Vbt is over), I'm having some more Rowan's Creek tonight. Maybe a sbs with Noah's Mill is in order?

This reminds me of what my father always preached to me. "If your lucky enough to reach age 65, never hold back, after that. Drink, smoke and eat, the best of what you have, everyday"! He made it to 93 and followed his own advise, the whole way.

It's been awhile, but tonight some W.L. Weller Special Reserve 7 Yr. Old. This one is pretty tasty.

I continue to go back to the HHSS2. The sweetness is really coming through tonight. The bottle is getting low and that is not a good thing.

A mix of a little of almost every open bottle of bourbon on the bar.

hehe, i keep one of those on hand at all times in a large decanter (and it is one of my fave sub 100 proof open bottles at the moment) but truth be told I haven't poured out of or into it much recently so I need to rectify that. I actually pulled it and the BT:OGD114 decanter down a little a while ago to pour from after tasting these new barrel proofers I opened earlier so that might be the next pour now that this bookers glass is empty.

Amen to that Steve! So sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers for comfort, peace and understanding for all, including you my friend. P

Thank you friend. I'm toasting him again this evening with 4RSB because that's the good stuff too.

Had a buddy over and we decided to try a couple new ones and hit a few favorites: Started with some Few SB, then after dinner, we jumped right in with a SBS comparison of ECBP Batch 8 and '14 GTS. Personally....I love them both, but I think I'd actually go with the ECBP. After that, I dialed it back a little with a small pour of ETL, while my buddy went with FRSB. For dessert, I had some MM46CS, while he went with HW Rendezvous Rye.

I gotta say, it was a good evening.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.