What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Lock & Barrel Canadian Rye - Definite pass on this one. Just a whole bunch of acetone notes with some candy on the palate.

1992 Old Forester & Lincoln Henderson's Woodford Reserve batch #172 SBS and trying to pick out differences, proving to be extremely difficult. Next up would be DSP 414 BIB vs Henderson's Batch #72.

also had some ND OGD BIB and thought it was very one dimensional. Usually I like this pour but it came off as just lacking complexity last night.

Lifted a pour of George Stagg Sr. to a friend that took his last steps in the woods yesterday evening. Found him this morning. Rest in peace my friend.

Lifted a pour of George Stagg Sr. to a friend that took his last steps in the woods yesterday evening. Found him this morning. Rest in peace my friend.

Rock Hill Farms REALLY hitting the spot tonight, watching football as the Packers are taking on Kansas City. RRSiB Store Select waiting in the wings, but the Rock Hill is really tasting good, there may be another pour of that tonight!

Rock Hill Farms REALLY hitting the spot tonight, watching football as the Packers are taking on Kansas City. RRSiB Store Select waiting in the wings, but the Rock Hill is really tasting good, there may be another pour of that tonight!

I might have to pull my RHF out of the back corner after this flight. It is my first bottle and I really love it but it is >$50 up here so I want to make it last.

I might have to pull my RHF out of the back corner after this flight. It is my first bottle and I really love it but it is >$50 up here so I want to make it last.

I bought my first bottle a few weeks ago, and I am really starting to enjoy it now!!! I have had maybe 4 ounces out of the bottle so far, maybe it's beginning to open up. It's around $54 in Minneapolis, MN nowadays.

I bought my first bottle a few weeks ago, and I am really starting to enjoy it now!!! I have had maybe 4 ounces out of the bottle so far, maybe it's beginning to open up. It's around $54 in Minneapolis, MN nowadays.

state min is 55 here but it's hard to find so I paid 60 when I stumbled across it a month or two ago and didn't mind since $5 isn't worth the gas to hit a few more stores hoping to see it. I have poured about the same amount. The stuff I have a hard time finding or spending on is usually 1 oz pours instead of the normal 1.5 oz pours I do with the plentiful cheaper stuff. Pouring a glass now.

state min is 55 here but it's hard to find so I paid 60 when I stumbled across it a month or two ago and didn't mind since $5 isn't worth the gas to hit a few more stores hoping to see it. I have poured about the same amount. The stuff I have a hard time finding or spending on is usually 1 oz pours instead of the normal 1.5 oz pours I do with the plentiful cheaper stuff. Pouring a glass now.

Let me know what you think! Tonight was the first night that I really enjoyed the bourbon. I would have much preferred ETL or Blanton's, but I like that little extra punch with the 100 proof, getting a lot of classic bourbon flavor with this pour!

Let me know what you think! Tonight was the first night that I really enjoyed the bourbon. I would have much preferred ETL or Blanton's, but I like that little extra punch with the 100 proof, getting a lot of classic bourbon flavor with this pour!

RHF is prolly my fave BT offering in the 90 - 100 proof range. I have a pint of blantons open that I love in it's own right when compared to BT but I too prefer higher proof so I am really enjoying and nursing on this small pour I have now.

Speaking of Blanton's.... I started out with EC12, but I'm following it up with a fairly healthy pour of "The Original Single-Barrel Bourbon".

a bit of bakers in keeping with the premium bottles I won't buy/pour often. I bought this one in IN and while it is nice I doubt I will replace it at our MI premiums.

edit, after finishing the bakers glass I think I prefer KC and KCSB for about the same price average. Haven't had either in a while but I have 2 bottles of each so one of each is likely to be opened soon since I am lacking in the open JB offerings currently.

Edited by fozzy71

Some HMcKBIB to kickoff the kickoff of MNF. Maybe some EC12 after that. Some 4R of some sort will work its way into the mix at some point.

Had some nice ones at a restaurant on Friday - Promise of Hope and some Midwinter's Night Dram. The MWND was all fruitcake and plums to me. My wife said it tasted like eggnog. I wish I could find a bottle so I could share it with my family around the fireplace at Christmas.

The Promise of Hope was everything I wish I could find consistently in a bourbon. All caramel and nutmeg and stuff. Tastefully sweet.

Now I have to come back to reality and remind myself that the LEs aren't worth it unless I stumble upon them.

The friend I referred to was not four legged but a long time traditional bow hunter/friend. Heart attack. Found the next morning with both of his dogs laying faithfully next to his body. A pour of my best to you my friend.

The friend I referred to was not four legged but a long time traditional bow hunter/friend. Heart attack. Found the next morning with both of his dogs laying faithfully next to his body. A pour of my best to you my friend.

Very sorry for your loss. I toast your friend.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.