What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I pulled down a few open bottles I haven't sipped on in a while and think I am going to start with a small pour SbS of Blanton's (only bought a pint so I have been nursing it) and RHF in a bit. I also pulled down my pint of MMCS that needs me to revisit it and my nearly empty bottle of 1792 that needs to be killed off to make some shelf room.

yum, i have one of these and a EHTSmB downstairs waiting to be opened but my shelf is full right now and over-flowing with BT juice so it will be a while.

Yep - finding lately I'm really enjoying a pour of ER or KC with a splash of water or small ice cube. Very enjoyable.

Pour of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Debating having another one before falling asleep....

Finally got around to cracking open my '14 ORVW 10 year. First ever taste.

While I am really enjoying this, like others have said, not worth the prices they are going for.

PS 4RSB. I observed someone mention earlier (in another thread) that the private selection bottles aren't worth extra. I won't argue with that, since this one was less $$$ than the standard. :grin:

I had been sitting on the 2 handles I had left of SW Old Fitz BIB I had on hand. Tonight I said the heck with it, cracked one open. Chilling with that and listening to some old Chicago...

PS 4RSB. I observed someone mention earlier (in another thread) that the private selection bottles aren't worth extra. I won't argue with that, since this one was less $$$ than the standard. :grin:

I need to move to the commonwealth of bourbon. Cheers.

Back from the deep nowhereness of BC backcountry and enjoying a standard 4RSB. This is so good that if Paddy's private barrel version is better, that must be nirvana. It's good to be a member of the cult.

Followed with the last of a bottle of HMcKBIB.

Following that with some OGD114.

Back from the deep nowhereness of BC backcountry and enjoying a standard 4RSB. This is so good that if Paddy's private barrel version is better, that must be nirvana. It's good to be a member of the cult.

3 x yummy

Not sure where I left off with what I posted earlier but I just had some Bakers and either having OGDBIB or BT:114 next.

That private selection lingered around for some reason. So much so, that the stores ended up dropping the price on it. The standard price went up around the same time they dropped the PS price, so the PS ended up being cheaper than the standard. :skep:

About that time, I found that one of the barrels of the PS was a honey barrel. :grin:

You already know the rest of the story (I hunted bottles of that barrel like a fox hound hunts rabbits)! :rolleyes:

3 x yummy

Not sure where I left off with what I posted earlier but I just had some Bakers and either having OGDBIB or BT:114 next.

That's a pretty dang solid night in it's own right. I'm currently without Baker's but I do like that one and have been scheming to get some more.

That private selection lingered around for some reason. Then, they dropped the price on it. The standard price went up during around the same time, so the PS ended up being cheaper than the standard. Then I found that one of the barrels of the PS was a honey barrel.

You already know the rest of the story (I hunted bottles of that barrel like a fox hound hunts rabbits)! :rolleyes:

You sir, are a very smart man.

Last evening after a tough week of work, HHSS #2 followed by '13 OFBB. T'was a good night of drinking...

Sipping through the last few ounces of a bottle of Old Rip 90 that, for some reason has escaped notice for months. Veeeery Tasty! :yum:

Kinda looking for space on the shelf to place the KCSB pick bottles soon to arrive.

Starting the evening off with 1792 Sweet Wheat, and following it up with PHC POH, nearing the end of the bottle....

[Cut & pasted this from the empty bottle thread where I miss-posted due to liking what I'm talking about here:]

OGD114:BT=1:1 at room temperature. This Oct Vatting is a good vatting.

[AND, the fact that I miss-posted is proof at how good this vatting is.]

Just had two nice hefty pours of KC, with a single ice cube. Polished off the bottle and trying to decide what comes next? WTRB or do I go lighter with BT. Either with be my first pour of each

First was a nice pour of ETL that was delicious. Would've stuck with it, but I've only got about 1/2 bottle left and I want this one to last me until I can get at least another one in reserve. So, for pour #2 I'll just have to settle for Blanton's. :grin:

Sat on our just about completed new deck this afternoon with a small pre-dinner pour of RR10yr. Caught a fruit fly of course. Those little bastards are inside AND outside the house it seems. And they love bourbon! (Except the cheap stuff apparently.) An aside - last week I was getting tired of fruit flies getting in my bourbon - it was so automatic. So I decided to set a trap and put out a small pour of EWBIB. Little bastards wouldn't touch it. They buzzed around it a bit, but nary a fly went in the glass and drowned themselves. I guess they have high standards.

Went out to an anniversary dinner tonight. Now back home and toasting 17 years with some ECBP.

[Cut & pasted this from the empty bottle thread where I miss-posted due to liking what I'm talking about here:]

OGD114:BT=1:1 at room temperature. This Oct Vatting is a good vatting.

[AND, the fact that I miss-posted is proof at how good this vatting is.]

:drinking::falling:

Glad to hear you enjoy it also. While I love them both separately sometimes I find the BT a bit too smooth and the 114 a bit too hot. They seem to even each other out a bit when mixed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.